Soliflore Mimosa (2015)

Soliflore Mimosa information

Year of Launch2015

HouseDame Perfumery

About Soliflore Mimosa

Soliflore Mimosa is a shared / unisex perfume by Dame Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2015

Soliflore Mimosa fragrance notes

Reviews of Soliflore Mimosa

Dame Perfumery Soliflore Mimosa is the first offering from the Soliflore line that I've tried, and I generally don't dabble in floral-heavy offerings except for rose, so this is a bit odd to my nose. Clearly a fresh yellow floral, and inherently feminine, but it's not dazzling to me in any particularly special way. Medium performance, better than some of the other women's EDTs from the line, but uninspiring, at least to me as a man. Slightly interesting, though. I'll still be curious to try other Soliflores out.

6 out of 10
12th July, 2017
I lived in a country that held a mimosa festival every year, with parades and little girls wearing head garlands of mimosas threaded together – so I know what mimosa smells like.

Honestly, mimosa smells a bit odd at first. The perfume, Mimosa, is very true to the bloom in that it comes out of the bottle smelling like a golden, clear vegetable oil, slightly flat and oily to the nose. Within this oil aroma, there are small puffs of something quite like heliotrope – almond-like, puffy, sweet, reminiscent of Johnson’s Baby Oil, only not as “purple” or “cherry pie”-like. There are also whiffs of glue, the kind you give your kids to use for art projects. All in all, a very odd but childishly appealing aroma. Not terribly floral, but very true to life.

Later on, a powdery “yellow” pollen tonality develops, which in turn ushers in a sweet, translucent cucumber note. From this point onwards, the scent of Mimosa is mostly about that cucumber and pollen combination, which suits me just fine. I like this aspect of mimosa. The second part reminds me very much of Jo Malone’s Mimosa & Cardamom, which in turn reminds me a bit of the milky cucumber/dill/gripe water side of Le Labo Santal 33. But if you want to experience mimosa on its own, then this soliflore – Mimosa - is an excellent point of reference.
05th December, 2016

Add your review of Soliflore Mimosa

Shop for Soliflore Mimosa products online

Member images of Soliflore Mimosa

There are no member images of Soliflore Mimosa yet. Why not be the first?