In New York (2016)

PerfumerSonia Constant
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About In New York

In New York is a masculine fragrance by Van Cleef & Arpels. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sonia Constant

In New York fragrance notes

Reviews of In New York

Bigsly Show all reviews
I'm not a fan of these kinds of fragrances, so keep that in mind. I had a bottle of Bleu de Chanel EdP and swapped it off, because I hardly ever wore it. I've got others of this type too, which I acquired in lot purchases, as I did my In New York bottle. Also, I was hoping for something a bit ambery or vanillic, but never got more than the slightest hint of such a note. Still, it has a zingy citrus quality backed by some obvious, but complimentary aroma chemicals, so that I don't mind keeping it for the rare occasions when I'd like to wear it (I'd also compare it to Club de Nuit Intense for Men, at least the general idea). I can't really give it a negative or neutral because I think it does what is expected of such a scent (and it's got good projection and longevity). A good "all rounder" for the "modern man" and it didn't cost me much for a large bottle.
14th November, 2018
Super generic ozonic-metallic piece of olfactory urban-fougere aqueous boredom, nothing we have not yet copiously smelt 1000 times in life (Lanvin l'Homme, Bond N. 9 Wall Street, Mercedes Benz Man Blue, partially Chanel Bleu, CH 212 Men, Dior Homme Cologne ecc). Nothing new under the sun.
14th February, 2018
ad_scott Show all reviews
The top notes monopolize throughout with the Italian Lemon and Mandarin quite brash in the opening...soon settles, giving way to the Marine Notes which mainstay for the rest of the day. Wearing this fragrance evokes pictures of sailing on the Atlantic with the skyscrapers of NYC in view; so oceanic, crisp, and clear. The bottle is awe-inspiring too! It looks and feels minimal, sleek, and elegant; maybe an aluminum and glass structure located at Fifth Avenue inspired its design.
25th July, 2017 (last edited: 17th November, 2018)
bigbz Show all reviews
This was a blind buy for me. Right off the bat at first spray this reminded me of Mont Blanc Legend Intense, only with a mandarin top note instead of the pineapple/apple like that of the MB offering.
Longevity seems quite good...at least average to above average. It's a nice fragrance, but hardly unique. I'm kind of over the whole tonka overload that makes up the base of many men's fragrance offerings these days:/

07th April, 2017

Add your review of In New York

Member images of In New York

There are no member images of In New York yet. Why not be the first?