L'Envol (2016)

L'Envol information

Year of Launch2016

PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About L'Envol

L'Envol is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

L'Envol fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Envol

A really classy, distinctive offering from the house of Cartier. At first, I was quite confused and even a bit turned off by L'Envol EdP; it seemed too simple and unpleasantly sweet and animalic a fragrance to appreciate. But I continued to sniff the sample that I had sprayed on my wrist throughout the day, and it grew on me greatly. Suddenly, I started to appreciate the understated, sophisticated simplicity of L'Envol as another worthy carrier of the Cartier name: It is a formal scent that exudes dignity and carries itself in a staid manner, reflecting the simple but ultimately effective mix of honey, musk, and guaic wood.

I would recommend testing before buying this exotic offering, as a blind buy may catch you off guard esp. if the notes don't quite "click" with you.
06th February, 2018
dpark Show all reviews
Quite beautiful, rich warm and enveloping, nothing here not to like, my best choice for 2017!!!
30th December, 2017
I like it. Darker, not as bright as the new EdT version. More resinous. Drier, much more interesting. The musk is very well done: not heavy or sweet. Bit of a salty tang. Good longevity. I really appreciate its dryness.
04th December, 2017
Smells like Indian incense to me.

And I love it.

May not immediately appeal to Western noses.

This is a gem of niche aire.

Must sniff/wear/buy.

Reminds of: vintage Fahrenheit, L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
30th November, 2017 (last edited: 03rd December, 2017)
A big thumbs up for this. An extremely elegant fragrance of honeyed, musky florals and resinous woods.

Like Claire V, I too pick up a very large violet leaf note in L'Envol. It is pretty much front and centre with the honey for me.

I was slightly concerned that the Guaiac Wood, when it made its entrance, would overwhelm the composition but it retreats quickly, blending beautifully and lending a warm, resinous depth.

It could be skin chemistry but I am bewildered how some have this down as a weak perfume. It was after two weeks of owning L'Envol that it became incredibly strong and long lasting with significant projection. I have to be very careful with the sprayer. Despite this, L'Envol never feels heavy. Mathilde Laurent has achieved brilliance in expressing great depth and clarity in each note whilst maintaining an overall feeling of lightness; true, it seems, to the name of the fragrance.

I consider L'Envol to be an excellent fragrance that treads a different path to many releases of the moment. Bravo Mathilde et Cartier!

16th September, 2017 (last edited: 23rd September, 2017)
I´ve blind bought many fragrances in the last few years, many because of the opinions in this site. Unfortunately I didn't like most of them.
I've always loved Cartier fragrances but I wasn't sure about this one due to the not so good rewiews. This time I followed my instincts and bought the refillable 100ml bottle and I'm thrilled! The best frag I've worn in ages. Great sillage, longevity, projection (after 12hs, still there). A super classy, elegant fragrance from the House of Cartier. Love it!
14th September, 2017

Add your review of L'Envol

Shop for L'Envol products online

Search Amazon for L'Envol

Member images of L'Envol

There are no member images of L'Envol yet. Why not be the first?