Au Coeur du Desért (2016)
by Tauer

Au Coeur du Desért information

Year of Launch2016

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Au Coeur du Desért

Tauer say:

Au Coeur du Desért is a metamorphose of L'Air du Désert Marocain into a luxurious Extrait de Parfum with a 20% fragrance concentration. The richness of the Extrait concentration accentuates the sublime elegance and natural beauty of the warm woody amber notes. If perfumery is art Au Coeur du Desért is a statue, carved out of sun beaten timber, softened with a gloss of aged patchouli and a patina of ambergris - coming to life with a balsamic glow.

Au Coeur du Desért fragrance notes

Reviews of Au Coeur du Desért

Much better without any cumin, as in L'air du Desert Marocain. Slight smoke. Sweet boozy amber. Dry. Warm. spicy. Sugary, resinous patchouli and ambergris. Perfection! Oddly enough I get a whiff of something reminding me of pipe tobacco. Nevertheless I am in love.
16th August, 2018
I put a sample of this on one wrist and spray from my bottle of LADDM on the other arm to compare. ACDD has less citrus/incense/spices up top, going on very complex, lots of woods, amber, patchouli and maybe a bit of iris. It is very rounded and smooth and deep, with constantly changing facets. As it settles after a couple of hours, it forms a warm, morphing mix of amber and woods with a bit more incense or cedar showing up after a few hours. It's still in evidence the next morning post-shower, long after LADDM has faded. All in all, it is a beautiful variation on LADDM. I would guess it has more longevity and less projection - it feels more intimate with less of that sense of wide open spaces I get from LADDM.
02nd August, 2018
I find it a lot less complex than L'Air du Desert Marocain. Weirdly when I first put it one, it had a really sweet, chocolatey beginning - which no other review I've seen has remarked on. From then on it's all leathery wood and incense with no really noticeable change as it dries down - which takes a long, long time. It's very good, but it can't really compare to the subtleties offered by LADDM.
17th March, 2018
One reviewer said he could see this scent as mystical and that's the right place to start since the desert has earned mystical honors in western civ. I agree about patchouli and deep amber differentiating the accord. After thought, I do not think this is a fragrance for frail mystics and withered wise men of the desert, it is a fragrance for those who pay homage to those characters but are urbane and cultured and socialites. Not just to be worn to museums or the now popular desert motel chic, I think this scent would perform well at any chic occasion. Message sent: I admire the desert / desert life / desert travel and I know a secret about it that enables me to wear this, but I have taken one shot only not extreme. Recommended. Well-composed.
09th October, 2017
Citrus, patchouli bitterness that goes towards cypress, powder and ambergris. It's well done, but I don't like it enough.

Very masculine.
29th April, 2017
A subdued flanker. It's got less of the campfire wood and unfortunately the citrus. LDDM is a difficult fragrance to wear, but this version is the answer to that. I prefer LDDM, especially just to smell, but I would probably wearing this instead. The amber is not overpowering, and neither is anything else. The biggest weakness is the loss of that beautiful citrus.
21st April, 2017