Au Coeur du Desért (2016)
by Tauer

Au Coeur du Desért information

Year of Launch2016

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Au Coeur du Desért

Tauer say:

Au Coeur du Desért is a metamorphose of L'Air du Désert Marocain into a luxurious Extrait de Parfum with a 20% fragrance concentration. The richness of the Extrait concentration accentuates the sublime elegance and natural beauty of the warm woody amber notes. If perfumery is art Au Coeur du Desért is a statue, carved out of sun beaten timber, softened with a gloss of aged patchouli and a patina of ambergris - coming to life with a balsamic glow.

Au Coeur du Desért fragrance notes

Reviews of Au Coeur du Desért

Citrus, patchouli bitterness that goes towards cypress, powder and ambergris. It's well done, but I don't like it enough.

Very masculine.
29th April, 2017
A subdued flanker. It's got less of the campfire wood and unfortunately the citrus. LDDM is a difficult fragrance to wear, but this version is the answer to that. I prefer LDDM, especially just to smell, but I would probably wearing this instead. The amber is not overpowering, and neither is anything else. The biggest weakness is the loss of that beautiful citrus.
21st April, 2017
The common "desert" name of course suggests that Tauer Au Coeur du Desert is similar to L'Air du Desert Marocain, and it's largely a safe bet that if you like one, you'd like the other, and vice versa.

I find ACDD a bit drier, a bit stronger (which makes sense, due to the increased concentration), and less sweet and a bit less inviting. Artistic and challenging, but less wearable, ACDD involves the same dry amber accord that dominates LDDM but applies more spices and woods, just not the exact same coriander accord that factors in so strongly into LDDM.

Performance seems fine--equal to if not better than LDDM--so it should definitely be tried by fans of LDDM, and most would benefit from trying it out if they could anyway as it's an interesting composition even though, like LDDM, it's not quite for me.

6 out of 10
27th February, 2017
Similar overall to L'Air du Desert Marocain, but not as pleasing to my nose. The opening has a note that is almost identical to Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford. It is an oiled leather smell and I was amazed at how much it reminded me of TL. Cinnamon came on within the first 30 minutes or so, and the figgy smell I picked up from LADDM came on within about an hour or so. This is a nice fragrance, but I like the notes in LADDM better. It just wore better on my skin than ACDD, but that's not to say that this isn't very nice, because it is.
29th December, 2016
I like Au Coeur du Desert. Starting with L'Air du Desert Marocain as a reference point there are cooler drier spice, deeper amber, more patchouli, less cedar, less smoke, less vetiver. The fragrance ends in amber woods whereas L' Air du Desert ends in sweeter amber/cedar. I could easily ascribe mystical implications at work in the creation of this fragrance - it resonates with greatness! Andy Tauer has taken a good fragrance and changed most aspects by slight degrees to end up with an all new but better similar styled statement fragrance. It wouldn't surprise me to find that changes in the raw materials that might have occurred over time invited an all new reworking of the original idea for this one. A new and improved effort - a "knowing what I know now" second chance at redemption sort of redo. I prefer Au Coeur du Desert to LADDM and don't really think it is all that similar as it turned out. This is an excellent fragrance.
23rd November, 2016 (last edited: 26th November, 2016)
To my nose and on my skin, this fragrance is quite similar to LADDM, but with differences that I would summarize as follows:

LADDM = dusty spices + dry woods (mainly cedar) + sweet amber. The spice is most prominent in the opening, cedar in the heart and amber in the dry-down. For most of the life of the fragrance I get wood + amber with a slight residue of spices. Projects pretty well and lasts all day.

ACDD = LADDM minus the spices. More specifically, the spices are still detectable but way in the background. Instead, the top of ACDD gives the impression of something burnt. The notes are crumpled into a compact ball, and it takes about 10-20 minutes for them to unfurl and breathe. I need to test further to pinpoint performance differences, but I can at least say that performance is either very similar or somewhat more powerful.

Given that LADDM's performance is already stellar (in my experience), I'm not sure that ACDD is worth the 50% price premium, unless you're not particularly fond of the spices in the initial phase of LADDM. I love the spices, so I prefer LADDM.
12th November, 2016