Au Coeur du Desért (2016)
by Tauer

Au Coeur du Desért information

Year of Launch2016

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Au Coeur du Desért

Tauer say:

Au Coeur du Desért is a metamorphose of L'Air du Désert Marocain into a luxurious Extrait de Parfum with a 20% fragrance concentration. The richness of the Extrait concentration accentuates the sublime elegance and natural beauty of the warm woody amber notes. If perfumery is art Au Coeur du Desért is a statue, carved out of sun beaten timber, softened with a gloss of aged patchouli and a patina of ambergris - coming to life with a balsamic glow.

Au Coeur du Desért fragrance notes

Reviews of Au Coeur du Desért

I find it a lot less complex than L'Air du Desert Marocain. Weirdly when I first put it one, it had a really sweet, chocolatey beginning - which no other review I've seen has remarked on. From then on it's all leathery wood and incense with no really noticeable change as it dries down - which takes a long, long time. It's very good, but it can't really compare to the subtleties offered by LADDM.
17th March, 2018
One reviewer said he could see this scent as mystical and that's the right place to start since the desert has earned mystical honors in western civ. I agree about patchouli and deep amber differentiating the accord. After thought, I do not think this is a fragrance for frail mystics and withered wise men of the desert, it is a fragrance for those who pay homage to those characters but are urbane and cultured and socialites. Not just to be worn to museums or the now popular desert motel chic, I think this scent would perform well at any chic occasion. Message sent: I admire the desert / desert life / desert travel and I know a secret about it that enables me to wear this, but I have taken one shot only not extreme. Recommended. Well-composed.
09th October, 2017
Citrus, patchouli bitterness that goes towards cypress, powder and ambergris. It's well done, but I don't like it enough.

Very masculine.
29th April, 2017
A subdued flanker. It's got less of the campfire wood and unfortunately the citrus. LDDM is a difficult fragrance to wear, but this version is the answer to that. I prefer LDDM, especially just to smell, but I would probably wearing this instead. The amber is not overpowering, and neither is anything else. The biggest weakness is the loss of that beautiful citrus.
21st April, 2017
The common "desert" name of course suggests that Tauer Au Coeur du Desert is similar to L'Air du Desert Marocain, and it's largely a safe bet that if you like one, you'd like the other, and vice versa.

I find ACDD a bit drier, a bit stronger (which makes sense, due to the increased concentration), and less sweet and a bit less inviting. Artistic and challenging, but less wearable, ACDD involves the same dry amber accord that dominates LDDM but applies more spices and woods, just not the exact same coriander accord that factors in so strongly into LDDM.

Performance seems fine--equal to if not better than LDDM--so it should definitely be tried by fans of LDDM, and most would benefit from trying it out if they could anyway as it's an interesting composition even though, like LDDM, it's not quite for me.

6 out of 10
27th February, 2017
Similar overall to L'Air du Desert Marocain, but not as pleasing to my nose. The opening has a note that is almost identical to Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford. It is an oiled leather smell and I was amazed at how much it reminded me of TL. Cinnamon came on within the first 30 minutes or so, and the figgy smell I picked up from LADDM came on within about an hour or so. This is a nice fragrance, but I like the notes in LADDM better. It just wore better on my skin than ACDD, but that's not to say that this isn't very nice, because it is.
29th December, 2016