Fathom V (2016)

Fathom V information

Year of Launch2016

HouseBeaufort London

About Fathom V

Fathom V is a shared / unisex perfume by Beaufort London. The scent was launched in 2016

Fathom V fragrance notes

Reviews of Fathom V

On this nondescript Sunday I browsed my stash of samples to find this, sent my way by a kind BN friend. I knew about Beaufort being a London based brand, but this was my first experience. Fathom V (strange name) starts off with dewy-grassy greens and florals on my skin, fresh and uplifting. Lily is the star flower, together with the greens, but then, after about a couple of hours, the greens calm down a little to reveal some musky-aquatic notes, lightly salted. This shapes the development and leads to the concluding dry down accord of Fathom V, as it becomes soft, fuzzy but perceptible. It exhibits an understated but persistent sillage - almost forming a hazy fragrant cloud about my skin which is quietly enjoyable.

I was initially prepared to write off Fathom V (again, strange name) as a decent but unremarkable green floral scent, but the dry down has moved me. It is more of a floral-green-aquatic rather than floral-aquatic, and the aquatic notes are very well done, not like calone at all but more salty, fresh and ethereal. I love how they are intertwined and together create a lush and sensuous dry down. It is less bright than Lys Mediterranee, and the lily is less striking next to Lys Fume and Une Lys. However, I feel this adds to the composition rather than being a detraction, as the balance is beautiful in the end.

3.5/5
20th May, 2018
This is an interesting one which left me slightly disappointed.

It opens with a mass of green notes - so much going on it's almost dissonant, but it just about manages to stay coherent. This plus an underlying sea / salt spine and you're dealing with something rather wonderful.

Unfortunately about 20 minutes in that all starts to move into the background and the overwhelming impression is of lily. Lots of lily, almost that overpowering heady rush you get going into a florists. Over time the lily falls away leaving the sea / salt and an underlying woodiness in the dry down.

It's definitely clever and a bit weird. It's skirting the feminine edge of unisex but it would be wearable for a man, particularly in hot weather. For me though I think the lily is a little too much.

One for another wear as it needs further exploration.
13th May, 2018
The storm by edvard munch 1893
21st August, 2017
This is interesting - trying this on seems very different than what other reviews have made me to expect. This is not good or bad, just something different.

Florals come out at first. Lilies and greenness like on a fresh spring day. It's not cold sort of a smell, but more warming. Saltiness is there, I do get associations about water - but it is about calm sea, not a raging one. This also appears rather different than most that I've tested, which is good and makes this more original.

Projection and sillage seem strong enough, but given how poor judgement I've had with the these at times you better not trust me on these.
23rd June, 2017 (last edited: 24th June, 2017)

Add your review of Fathom V

Shop for Fathom V products online

Member images of Fathom V

There are no member images of Fathom V yet. Why not be the first?