Armani Privé Cuir Majesté (2016)
by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé Cuir Majesté information

Year of Launch2016

HouseGiorgio Armani
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Privé Cuir Majesté

Armani Privé Cuir Majesté is a shared / unisex perfume by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2016

Armani Privé Cuir Majesté fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Privé Cuir Majesté

The mystique of Armani Cuir Majeste--the only member of the Prive line sold exclusively outside the US, to my knowledge--was significant, as was the praise I heard for it, so I was delighted to procure a decant. It's exclusive to Harrods in London, but seems to be available for purchase online.

Like another Armani Prive offering, Cuir Noir, Cuir Majeste is a sweet leather fragrance, but better, at least to me. CM is composed mostly of leather and mixed fruits, with a strong hint of rose in the background, with more minor accords of oud, resins, and perhaps some woods remotely contributing.

I'm definitely impressed. I liked Cuir Noir but I love Cuir Majeste. it's an excellent "sweet leather" fragrance, opulent and sharp, certainly a notch up in terms of formality from Davidoff Leather Blend, another one of my favorite sweet leathers, and less loaded and audacious than, say, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather or its now-numerous smellalikes.

One downside is that while most of the Prive line is sold in 100ml bottles for $250-300 or so (depending on the scent), Cuir Majeste is sold only in a 250ml bottle for $612 (the Harrods site's conversion from GBP as of today). I can hardly think of any need for that much juice, so it may just have to be a decant for me for the time being.

This is a great offering and I hope it receives a wider release (in 100ml bottles) at some point. It surely is one of my favorites of the Prive line, along with Rose d'Arabie (my very favorite), Myrrhe Imperiale, Oud Royal, New York, and Bois D'Encens.

Try it if you can track down a decant or live in the UK!

8 out of 10
26th October, 2018
Chewy, dried fruit opening bursting with flavor. It's also loaded with a shot of oud and ambroxan. Moments later I get a chaser of leather, tobacco, more fruitiness, and incense. Beautiful rose moves in. Sueded leather appears. I get vanilla in the base. It's mixed with the remains of lingering fruit. Oud goes on and on long after. Divine fragrance.
30th September, 2018
An honor for me to be the first at basenotes.net to review this marvelous fragrance from Armani.

"Privé Cuir Majesté" - the name tells me that I am to expect an amazing experience of royal leather with this intense EdP.

Intital spray is intensely berry like, almost like smelling a bowl filled with grape Life Savers. This thick fruitiness begins to shift a little bit, with the implied sweetness wearing away and the scent moving towards revealing other notes in the fragrance.

Osmanthus' sensuous apricot-like trait is nicely present, seemingly grabbing the baton from the fading "dried fruit" note. An exotic, light incense enters slowly in, as does the luxuriously heavy-hided leather. Tobacco seems to have already been compositely defined by the prior notes, but also appears in an almost liquid form. Scent is still quite fruity from the dried fruit and osmanthus, five minutes after the initial spray-on.

I start to detect anti-septic trails of agarwood (oud), a slight bit of mossiness, and of the cryptically named "orcanox", which is better known as ambroxide ("Ambroxan") - that is, a vital part of ambergris that tends to be sweet, earthy, and of a waxy character.

So many minutes after application, I still get a very fruity, minutely leather experience warmed up by ambrox and touched very slightly by oud (which appears and disappears, depending on how things are progressing on my skin).

Overall, I would mistake this for a dark cherry incense fragrance than a leather scent, per se. Maybe I haven't been exposed enough to the panoply of different odors that comprise the art and trade of leatherworking; but with what little I know as a nominal scent enthusiast, Privé Cuir Majesté feels more like a highly tangy, fragrant oil conditioned suede leather than a more "raw" example I could imagine.

I think about Helmut Lang's straightforward Cuiron: Unmistakably leather in the end. With Armani's Privé Cuir Majesté, I get a fancy, frilly, fruity leather picture meant to evoke some higher, asymptotic "urban wear" response, perhaps? (And as I have read, this fruitiness and minimal leather perception is a common factor with other Armani Privé Cuir scents, too...is this effective, popular, customary, or ???.)

Anyhow, on its own traits, Privé Cuir Majesté does have a hypnotic dark quality to it, and it feels suited for evening occasions versus casual daywear. It comes across as wearable by either gender, esp. because I personally didn't experience any strong, typically masculine leather jacket / hide vibe from it.

Decent sillage and longevity, it is a well-crafted scent for sure, although wearers may sport it for other than a bona fide "leather-centric" experience...and that's okay too, except for the fact that this EdP demands a HIGH cost from the buyer and seems to be a false-advertising thing in the end (the ode to London schtick is an interesting Armani marketing strategy; but how else can the name "Privé Cuir Majesté" be interpreted?).

I would recommend sampling it in person at a fragrance counter near you, or getting a decant online, so you can decide whether Armani's Privé Cuir Majesté takes you on a leathery voyage, or more so a dark fruit with leather note inferences as I had gotten, before dropping a LOT of money for a full bottle.
20th September, 2018

Add your review of Armani Privé Cuir Majesté

Shop for Armani Privé Cuir Majesté products online

Cuir Majeste By Giorgio Armani Prive (Decanted Oil Based) E.D.P 50 ML /1.7oz

End Date: Monday Apr-8-2019 18:49:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $59.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Armani Prive Cuir Majeste 250 ml EDP NEW & UNUSED EXTREMELY RARE!!!

$1,100.00
End Date: Wednesday Apr-10-2019 2:43:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $1,100.00

Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Buy It Now for only: $59.99

Buy It Now for only: $99.99

Member images of Armani Privé Cuir Majesté

There are no member images of Armani Privé Cuir Majesté yet. Why not be the first?