La Douceur de Siam (2016)
by Parfums Dusita

La Douceur de Siam information

Year of Launch2016

HouseParfums Dusita
PerfumerPissara Umavijani

About La Douceur de Siam

La Douceur de Siam is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfums Dusita. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pissara Umavijani

Reviews of La Douceur de Siam

Dusita La Douceur de Siam is one of the best musky rose/violet/ylang-ylang-combos out there. Spicy, soapy, refined, vaguely sultry and extremely floral. If you like scents a la Givenchy Ysatis, Cartier La Panthere or Armani Onde Mystere you will definitely appreciate this carefree and bright floral bouquet. A musky/classy fragrance rich of charme and exoticism, founded on a resinous ambery sandalwood's basis. Ylang-ylang utterly enhances the musky/lipstick/kind of cosmetical widespread refinement finally counteracted by a more realistic and natural earthy/leafy floral vibe. A spacious fragrance with a powerful projection. Spices and ylang-ylang play a central role imo. Along the way rose becomes dominant, gradually more and more musky, spicy and soapy. Extremely sophisticated and feminine accord for a dynamic indipendent kind of woman.
09th May, 2018 (last edited: 10th May, 2018)
I absolutely adore La Douceur de Siam. It is simply stunning! Unfortunately, it falls to a skin scent rather rapidly before completely vanishing on my skin. I keep testing it hoping for a different result but alas, it leaves me disappointed. This had the potential to be an absolute holy grail, but I need more performance from it. Its SO beautiful, I WANT others to smell it...I want to smell it after an hour or so...

The rose, frangipani, ylang-ylang and champaca are marvelous and meticulously blended. I may end with a full bottle even with the lacking performance.
04th April, 2018
At first I couldn’t understand the avalanche of praise for this one. As a tropical floral it seemed to partly hit the mark – the champaca evocation is heady, strong, with a decent greenness to it that imparts the sense of a real flower. But the syrupy rose that is also a part of the bouquet jars somewhat, particularly as it seems to have an overly synthetic gloss about it and a clingfilmed clove nestling within. There are elements of this perfume that smell of rubber, bread crumbs, raw vegetables – all intriguing things but out of place with its predominantly floral character.
However, I had been a bit impatient with it. As the drydown began La Douceur de Siam began to redeem itself. The composition became a bit breezier, the greens livelier, and hints of ripe fruitiness that are contained within the scents of some yellow flowers began to emerge. But there also seemed to be bilge water lapping in the background which I wish had been drained.
It was only a good hour and a half into the wear that things fell into place with the tropical fruitiness (mango and passionfruit) growing more pronounced and seamlessly blending into the florals – sunny, tangy, moreish, all the odd distractions were now discarded. There are shades of the Body Shop’s infamous Dewberry lurking within this altogether more sophisticated creation.
03rd November, 2017
I have tried samples of six of the Dusita perfumes, and they are all high quality and good. My favourites are Issara plus this one.

The fragrance manages to capture a tropical garden in bloom here in Bangkok - frangipani, ylang-ylang and champaca - what a feat! There is also a rose element that grows stronger and stronger after some time. There is probably some jasmine and tuberose in it, but I am glad Dusita managed to turn it into a bouquet smelling of Thailand's tropical flowers. I haven't put my nose to a fragrance that smells similar so it is quite unique in my opinion.

Due to the floral aspect, it leans towards feminine, but I think it can be applied by anyone who wants to celebrate the scents of tropical flowers.
19th October, 2017
Stardate 20170216:

A very nice rose.Much like the current rose-oud ones . Ex-Idolo , Tiziana Rose, Montale.
Sure it may have no oud but the heft and complexity is made up by SW,Amber and spices.
I like this one
Idolo 33>this>Terenzi
17th February, 2017
I like violet leaf, which I think I'm smelling from this, and plenty of rose. I thought I might also be smelling iris (orris root), but I don't see it listed. I also think this has a dash of synthetic oud, the type used in the Tom Ford private line, such as Oud Fleur.

This smelled like it could be too strong in a bad direction coming out of the bottle (mostly from the synthetic oud, I think), but it does well on skin. In the mid to base, it has developed nicely into an agreeable accord; round, sweet, and floral; a rose fragrance.
07th February, 2017

Add your review of La Douceur de Siam

Shop for La Douceur de Siam products online

Member images of La Douceur de Siam

There are no member images of La Douceur de Siam yet. Why not be the first?