Gosha Rubchinskiy (2016)

Created ForGosha Rubchinskiy
PerfumerAlexis Dadier
SupplierIFF

About Gosha Rubchinskiy

Gosha Rubchinskiy is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alexis Dadier

Gosha Rubchinskiy fragrance notes

Reviews of Gosha Rubchinskiy

A blind buy I had to wear 3 times to fully appreciate. It's a good thing the bottle is so big for the price, as each time I wear it I have put literally 10-12 spritzes on my skin and clothing to get anything out of it. It has that "this smells like something synthetic I can't quite put my finger on" that so many CdG frags have. In this case, to my nose, it's polyurethane and asphalt, right up front and in your face. My husband asked me "why on Earth would you want to smell like that??" when I first wore it. But the magic is in the dry down. Wisps of vetiver and patchouli come and go, but you REALLY have to dig in deep to smell them, as this wears so close to the skin. A few hours after I put it on yesterday, he came in for a hug, nuzzled my neck and said "you smell incredible, what is that?" I smiled and said "that same stuff you would have hated 3 hours ago." So you really have to give this one a little time to settle in. The only negatives for me were sillage and longevity, but in this case it might be a "less is more" blessing - if this were loud and lingered in the room after you left, it would probably lose a lot of its appeal.
09th June, 2017
Gosha is a sharp, sour green perfume that functions like a slap in the face with an awakening tartness. It also has a secondary note that smells like a gum rubber eraser, those old big blocks of crumbly soft rubber, which is an oddly reassuring scent from my younger days. So there are contrasts here and pleasant resolutions to the startling opening scent. The smell reminds me of a Jolly Rancher Green Apple candy, a relic of my youth, with its sour green mouth puckering taste. It's like that only on skin.

Gosha Rubchinskiy is a fashion designer, photographer and film maker. His fragrance is a tribute to the new Soviet style and youth aesthetics which leads to - of course - skateboarding on a summer day. Wheels burning on hot concrete, scorching rubber and road asphalt all colliding to create a scent of youth and freedom on the fly. Comme des Garcons has enabled Gosha Rubchinskiy to create his fragrance, an artwork, in celebration of the New Soviet youth and attitude. Brief fulfilled.

With "Gosha" I like that you get a very clean and good scent, smells of pure prickly green woods, skateboard wheels on tar pavement - packaged in a solid clean bottle and box for an easy everyman's price. This is the way to launch a fragrance so all of the people can enjoy it.

Back to the scent - it opens bold and crisp with all types of green but settles down into a pleasant smooth key lime pie tone with hints of vetiver. A Thumbs up! Rating: 7 of 10.
23rd February, 2017

Add your review of Gosha Rubchinskiy

Shop for Gosha Rubchinskiy products online

Search Amazon for Gosha Rubchinskiy

Member images of Gosha Rubchinskiy

There are no member images of Gosha Rubchinskiy yet. Why not be the first?