Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra (2016)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra

The company say:

Bare feet on icy ground, sends shivers through the body. It’s as if the freshly sprouted green shoots have been transformed into icicles. Glacialis Terra conjures up a garden of frosted flowers. The freshness is that of a wood at the setting of the sun. On this imaginary journey Daphne Bugey reverts to an old-fashioned apothecary bottle as inspiration. Inside the bottle, are long strands of vetiver roots infused in an absinthe-laced liqueur.

Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra fragrance notes

Reviews of Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra

rbaker Show all reviews
The absinthe I get straight up; it is tot very boozy but moderately so, and a bit generalised and thinner that the typical green fairy, but I get enough aniseed and spices herbs to just pass muster.

The drydown adds the icy note, but it is hard to qualify it as ice cubes specifically, but there is a glacier-like cold aquatic side to it. The vetiver develops slowly, is quite bright and brings in a restrained green earthiness.

I get soft sillage, poor projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant summery-aquatic scent that is quite original in its concern. Unfortunately, is is a bit thin, some of the notes too generic to entice, and the performance is rather poor. Overall 2.75/5
27th June, 2020
A blue fragrance with green touches. Warm spices mixed with coolness. What I think is a traditional male fragrance with a great twist. Fresh and interesting musk.
02nd April, 2020
Gorgeous icy anise opening with soft vetiver ripples. Amazing longevity on a paper strip, one I keep smelling over and over. On the skin the anise notes really jump out as does the cool, metallic accords. I find this one hard to categorize as that icy cold sensation is continuous, very fresh.
24th March, 2019
Shycat Show all reviews
And this is where noses diverge. I think Glacialis Terra kicks a$$--but I didn't choose dollar signs to sanitize my words because they looked like an appropriate letter. At least, not only. This limited edition is sold only in a 75ml size for $210.

I love a licorice/anise note and I'm in a vetiver phase. Cue me up for a blind buy, and color me happy. I can tell you what I think is here.

Fennel, immortelle, the wheat note from Bois Farine, vetiver, then some more vetiver (unless that's wormwoord) and more than one musk--a touch of ambroxan and something dirty. Cedar.

Immortelle is a note I'm barely exploring, and it bears repeating the obvious--I may be wrong. Like a new word added to the vocabulary, suddenly one can hear it spoken everywhere. I didn't care for Clive Christian Immortelle, as it struck me as too camphorous and medicinal, too toxic. Whatever I'm finding here seems the same kind of thing, and yet handled differently and toned to suit me.

It does wear close to the skin, but it's a potent shot up top and if it leapt off my wrist it would singe my sinuses. And I would like it.
03rd November, 2018
Not bad, but unexciting, expensive, and absolutely no longevity/sillage
14th December, 2016

Add your review of Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra

Shop for Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra products online

Member images of Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra

There are no member images of Natura Fabularis : 18 Glacialis Terra yet. Why not be the first?