San Remo (2016)

San Remo information

Year of Launch2016

HouseGeo F Trumper

About San Remo

San Remo - City of flowers, known for Riviera glamour, with sub-tropical vegetation and surroundings. The fragrant air is a mixture of Palm Trees, Cactuses, Carnations, Begonias and Roses. Our own San Remo blend is a reminder of the winds that blow from the Alps over a coastal outline, soft, subtle and intoxicating.

Reviews of San Remo

I find this very odd. A somewhat cloying eau de cologne with much more amplified performance than one would expect from this level of concentration, it bears next to no relationship to the English-style colognes produced by Trumper nor indeed by any other established English house (no obvious comparisons can be made with any masculine at least by Truefitt, Floris, Anglia, or Czech & Speake, although there might be something among the feminine scents by these houses). The blurb rather speaks of a Mediterranean influence, and suggests "Palm Trees, Cactuses, Carnations, Begonias and Roses", not so much as notes, but influences. The first thing that came to mind for me was not such much southern Europe as California, and I would say that San Remo suffers very much by comparison with the best of, say, the Acqua di Parma and Tom Ford ranges that also play on this kind of influence.

It is extremely sweet and extremely floral, with a touch of the flaccidity that can be found in the likes of Xeryus Rouge. Palm trees - well, perhaps, if I had an idea of what that would be in a personal scent. There could be a touch of musk in there; certainly something does do a fixative job of holding the florals together.

The odd thing is, I like the scent, but have no idea what its purpose is. Having done my duty and tested SR for review purposes, I won't be wearing it again. I wouldn't use it as a room scent. I wouldn't want it as a shower gel or bath soak. But for some reason, it's cheerful and puts a smile on my face. It's good that Trumper has done something new with the cologne format, but I can't honestly say that this is a creative success in my book. There are too many well-grooved formulae to try before anything this outre needs to come along.
10th June, 2018
Not impressed. Sweet, floral. Not a garrigue (herbs on a warm breeze) scent. Not particularly distinctive.
23rd September, 2017

Add your review of San Remo

Shop for San Remo products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of San Remo

There are no member images of San Remo yet. Why not be the first?