B683 (2016)

HouseMarc-Antoine Barrois
PerfumerQuentin Bisch
SupplierGivaudan

About B683

B683 is a masculine fragrance by Marc-Antoine Barrois. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Quentin Bisch

B683 fragrance notes

Reviews of B683

This is a pleasant scent right of the bat. I am smelling fruits, violet leaf, spices and a pale suede and it's kind of addictive at first. It's also fresh and green despite the sweet fruitiness and, although I am smelling so many things, the blend is really nicely put together and everything has its place.
It's getting more woody and spicy as time goes on with the suede disappearing and now it feels also a bit thinner. The dry down is not as rich as the beginning, but overall it is warm, smooth and refined.
05th July, 2018
This was a surprise for me, for I have not heard about this house.. Concerning the scent it is..complex in one word, not offensive, versatile, pretty original for what I've smelled. I would give it 5 stars if longevity on my skin and the selling price would be different.
5 stars for the SCENT
3 stars longevity
3,5 stars projection
2 stars for price, 160 EUR 100 ml
27th June, 2018
It really smells nice and äcts as a second skin for many hours.

It has a very soft suede-like saffron nutmeg opening and amber starts to push in heart notes. Base is i think pure ambroxan that we see in many fragrances nowadays but still all in all this smells very nice. It's real soft and calming that I don't think you can overspray this. Pretty office friendly and perfectly unisex.

My only concern is price, when i checked it was 145 euros/100 ml, i don't think it is worth that, 90-100 max.
03rd April, 2018
I really like about 90% of B683. It's a complicated smell that's really hard to describe. It's like a combination of wet concrete and suede and leathery saffron, with an amber undertone, but that also has elements of an old-school powdery floral 70's musk and peachy iris. It kind of smells like the sort of combination that the best indie perfumers are creating now, but it has a designer sheen that's hard to describe, like a combination of ginger and aldehydes that gives it a spectacular "lift" that these sort of perfumes rarely have. It's really about the precarious balance between light and dark. Though it doesn't smell like 10 Corso Como, I think it has a similar appeal, in that it takes really rough, dark elements and somehow whips them into something simultaneously luxurious and effused with light.

Unfortunately, there's a problem. Apparently, a lot of that designer sheen was coming from a cheap-smelling aquatic "woody amber" basenote, which is what B683 eventually dries down to in the base.

So, here I am. I utterly detest that Axe-esque cheap base, but this is probably the best use of it I've ever encountered. So, I'm forced to downgrade to a neutral rating, but with high hopes for future Marc-Antoine Barrois releases...
28th January, 2018