Aqua pour Homme Atlantique (2017)
by Bulgari

Aqua pour Homme Atlantique information

Year of Launch2017

HouseBulgari
Parent CompanyBulgari

About Aqua pour Homme Atlantique

Aqua pour Homme Atlantique is a masculine fragrance by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2017

Aqua pour Homme Atlantique fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua pour Homme Atlantique

The old Bvlgari Aqva had and still has this certain something. It is complementary with its wearer in communication with the environment.

Atlantiqve version is like a bit toned down Aqva Marine flanker, maybe a bit warmer and less loud or sharp. Not good enough to be regarded as a worthy flanker.

Advice (to self and others): albeit the "old" Aqva is now 12 years old, it still has this special vibe and does the job more than well. Long story short - I'll stick to the original Aqva (2005.) and eventually also get Amara version.

Originality: 3/10
Scent: 5/10
Longevity: 8/10
Projection: 6/10
_________________
22/40 = 55%
17th April, 2017
This must be my seventh bottle of Bvlgari Aqva, although I only had the original and the toniq, since I did not like the overt fruityness of both Marines and the Amara at all. As someone who still enjoys this line immensely, the new Atlantiqve is a sensible, almost logical next step that combines features of several older versions. The main thing to note here is that the ambery component of toniq is made much more prominent while retaining some of the earthy-mineral aspects that make the original so unique. And four sprays from the 50ml bottle go a long way with regard to sillage and longevity.

So indeed, if aquatics are not your thing this probably won't work, but then that is probably true for all iterations of Aqva. I find this to be another very enjoyable, high-quality ocean kind of smell that has enough minerality to it to keep it interesting and separate it from a number of competitors, while not going all-out synthetic and blue. Well, apart from the gorgeous blue of the bottle. I'll stay onboard as long as it's available.
08th April, 2017
Bulgari's Aqua line has, IMO pretty much played itself out. There really hasn't been anything innovative in the aquatic genre in years and the Atlantique version isn't anything original by a long shot. I will give credit to it not being as harsh or synthetic as most of it's line mates, but it's all been done before.

Atlantique to me smells very reminiscent of Nautica Voyage or perhaps a calmer Polo Blue, especially when you get the opening apple-pear like top notes. It's got a laundry fresh base with good longevity and average sillage. However, it's easily replaceable/interchangeable with a dozen other scents that sell for half the price. I'd pass on this one.
19th March, 2017
Thankfully I don't detect even the slightest hint of anything remotely fishy in this. But then again, I have never detected anything fishy in any of Bvlgari's Aqva line (where other people clearly have). I also don't sense much resemblance to Dior's Sauvage (which I happen to like). In my opinion this is much more similar to Bvlgari's Aqva Tonique & Aqva Marine Tonique. It's a bit sweet and a bit salty.

While it's undeniably an 'aquatic' style of fragrance, there is a sweetness to this (like the definite and clear pear top note in Tonique) that the note pyramid listed doesn't seem to support. A combination of sandalwood and benzoin could possibly produce the sweetness, but these are listed as base notes and I'm detecting the sweetness from the very top notes.

If the note pyramid is correct, then it's an odd mix of notes that unsurprisingly comes across as a bit of an oddity on my skin. Combining earthy notes like patchouli and vetiver, with creamy sandalwood and benzoin, then unspecified 'water' and 'sea' notes just doesn't seem like it would work. Yet to some degree I think Bvlgari and Mr Cavallier have pulled it off. I like it well enough, but I don't think I'll grow to love it, like I do the original Aqva or some of the other Aqva flankers.

I don't find this to be particularly synthetic or cheap smelling (compared to other similar fragrances in market). While it performs well enough, it doesn't match the longevity of the original Aqva or even the more recent Amara (which is a powerhouse on my skin).

As this was a gift and didn't cost me anything, I can live with my mediocre feelings towards it and I'll definitely get some fair use out of this bottle. I'd give it a solid 3 out of 5.
17th February, 2017

Add your review of Aqua pour Homme Atlantique

Shop for Aqua pour Homme Atlantique products online

Search Amazon for Aqua pour Homme Atlantique

Member images of Aqua pour Homme Atlantique

There are no member images of Aqua pour Homme Atlantique yet. Why not be the first?