A*Men Kryptomint (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Kryptomint

A*Men Kryptomint is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2017

A*Men Kryptomint fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Kryptomint

KRYPTOMINT begins with a very cooling, almost-mentholated, green mint, synthetic in the Mugler style but very nice and well done. It really has that nostril-chilling feel of crisp, cold mountain air when you inhale it. I think some of the coolness also comes from the geranium note, as there is definitely a subtle geranium floating around the top with its trademark bitter-spicy-cold nuance. Soon into its development the mint takes on a sweetness, so it moves from the cold crisp variety to more of a tonka infused mint with a fuller, rounder feel and beginning to show flashes of the A*Men style we've become acquainted with. The duration of the opening, when KRYPTOMINT is very cool and crisp, lasts for about 30 or 40 minutes. The sweetness begins to show itself around the 20 minute mark and becomes the dominant element of the mint at around 45 minutes, persisting until about an hour and a half to two hours. At this point KRYPTOMINT returns to a very familiar theme. It smells like a lighter version of Angel (think diluted by about 50%) or, as other reviewers have mentioned, the base of Ultra Zest (which smells like Angel). While I don't love this particular aspect of it, I don't mind it for TWO reasons: 1) The base is a much lighter version of the Angel DNA. Although the patchouli is apparent, it doesn't take over and feel heavy as it does in A*Men, Angel and Ultra Zest. 2) I find the smell of the mint transitions very nicely, and natulally into this stage. To put it simply--it works. I find the transition in Ultra Zest (from orange) sort of awkward and abrupt. But KRYPTOMINT moves gradually and smoothly from top to mid to base.

Overall, this is a good scent. I'd sort of place it right in the middle of the A*Men pantheon. It's not incredible, but it's enjoyable and well-done. The mint aspect is cooling and smooth, has a couple of nice transitions, and matches up with the base in a way that doesn't feel forced or clumsy. Its performance is kind of in the middle, with a politely restrained projection, but solid longevity. KRYPTOMINT closes out with a familiar theme, but due to its lightness, it doesn't ruin the nice feeling that was created in the opening and mid. Thumbs up.
13th August, 2019
This is actually really nice. I'm surprised to say that. Based on the brash and almost tacky looking bottle I never gave it much hope.

The opening is a really nice cool mint with hints of geranium. Drys down to a smooth patchouli.

15th May, 2019
It's horrible to my nose. I had to wash this off. STRONG LONGEVITY....
Test it before you buy it...
DON'T BLIND BUY THIS!!
22nd December, 2017
A minty version of the original IMO. Nice longevity and projection. Would work well in most settings and seasons. Overall a thumbs up but enough with the flankers already lol.
12th December, 2017
First two hours it's Ultra Zest with a strong mint note. Then it's just Ultra Zest for the next few hours and that's that.

Very disappointed with this one. After Pure Tonka which was awesome in my opinion, they pull off Kryptomint, which would be ok if Ultra Zest wasn't already in the game.

This will be the first A*Men flanker I won't make part of my collection.
10th December, 2017 (last edited: 02nd February, 2018)
I don't like it.

I find Ice Men and Summer Flash much better for a minty A Men. Granted, these don't have mint, but they are both hesperidic, which I think works with the choco gourmand theme better than mint.
But then again I have never enjoyed mint and chocolate or coffee, so...
07th November, 2017

Add your review of A*Men Kryptomint

Shop for A*Men Kryptomint products online

Member images of A*Men Kryptomint

There are no member images of A*Men Kryptomint yet. Why not be the first?