A*Men Kryptomint (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Kryptomint

A*Men Kryptomint is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2017

A*Men Kryptomint fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Kryptomint

It's horrible to my nose. I had to wash this off. STRONG LONGEVITY....
Test it before you buy it...
DON'T BLIND BUY THIS!!
22nd December, 2017
A minty version of the original IMO. Nice longevity and projection. Would work well in most settings and seasons. Overall a thumbs up but enough with the flankers already lol.
12th December, 2017
First two hours it's Ultra Zest with a strong mint note. Then it's just Ultra Zest for the next few hours and that's that.

Very disappointed with this one. After Pure Tonka which was awesome in my opinion, they pull off Kryptomint, which would be ok if Ultra Zest wasn't already in the game.

This will be the first A*Men flanker I won't make part of my collection.
10th December, 2017 (last edited: 02nd February, 2018)
I don't like it.

I find Ice Men and Summer Flash much better for a minty A Men. Granted, these don't have mint, but they are both hesperidic, which I think works with the choco gourmand theme better than mint.
But then again I have never enjoyed mint and chocolate or coffee, so...
07th November, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
Inevitable there is the A*Men DNA in the background - from beginning to end that is - with the vanilla sweetness and the soft patchouli. Superimposed on this is an added layer, and this added layer changes with time.

In the top notes it is the mint that gives this flanker its name. More after dinner mint that the fresh herb itself, soft, creamy and rich, blending in very well with the vanilla. Whilst here Krypto could mean 'super' like in 'super mint', I see the mint here are embedded and hidden in the A*Men foundation blend, maybe more 'cryptic mint.'

In the heart notes the floral side is the added layer, geranium with whiffs of carnation. Towards the end the pure A*Men base eventually remains, albeit in a rather attenuated version is one compares it with the original. The similarity between his one and Ultra Zest has already been commented on.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, but a rather disappointing six hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant idea but a bit disappointing as a synthetic summery mint scent. It lacks the addition of a genuinely original and convincing element that defines the flanker so brilliantly as in, for instance, Pure Havane. Still, agreeable albeit nothing exciting. 2.75/5.
25th August, 2017
While I have never been a fan of this style fragrance, I try and keep an open mind and found I do like a few of the Pure line, i.e. Malt, Coffee and Havanne. Kryptomint however, is just a sprint in the other direction. The opening is straight up AMen and mint. If you're familiar with AMen it's not hard to imagine the fragrance. To my nose it's dreadful. After about an hour the AMen effect wears down and it becomes a semi acceptable mint - patchouli scent that gets lighter the longer you wear it. I'm certain there's a place for this, but not for me.

Thumbs way down.
05th August, 2017

Add your review of A*Men Kryptomint

Shop for A*Men Kryptomint products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of A*Men Kryptomint

There are no member images of A*Men Kryptomint yet. Why not be the first?