Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme (2017)
by Gucci

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme information

Year of Launch2017

HouseGucci
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich

About Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme

The company say: Born out of a special collaboration between creative director Alessandro Michele and master perfumer Alberto Morillas. Created using a particular blend with a structure that remains unchanged from the first time it is applied to the skin. Leather accord and goldenwood are custom-mixed with natural extract of the Nootka Cypress, selected especially for Gucci Guilty Absolute. The resulting scent features ultra-dry woody notes. The fragrance’s composition is intensified with three forms of patchouli oils and earthy vetiver.

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme

Wearing this right now. Starts out with a smokey woody presence, then goes full medicine cabinet with a strong band aid vibe...a strong band aid vibe. It's unfortunate, as it ruined any potential enjoyment for me once the fresh box of band aids was cracked open. I went in to Macy's to try the new Bulgari Man Wood Essence, but unfortunately it hadn't arrived yet. So, I tried this one and won't be pursing it further.
02nd September, 2018
Smells like drinking a whisky and coke in a burning fetish-hospital.

On my skin I get the band-aid note loud and clear which then dries down into a scorched boozy leather.

It's definitely interesting, and I'm somewhat blown away that this is being put out as a designer fragrance, but it's not really for me.
06th August, 2018
Plastic Band Aid to the extreme. Not for me at all. I've smelled a lot worse though. I know there are a lot fans on this one. I'm guessing because it's different. 5/10
12th July, 2018
Borderline thumbs down. This isn't something I'd be excited to wear again, or to smell on someone else. There's something interesting about it that keeps it from a thumbs down, but I didn't find it pleasant. It smells like something that would be marketed as oud.
23rd June, 2018
Really? you have got to be kidding me! I am shocked. And not for the reasons you might think.

I sampled this for the first time today - a local department store has FINALLY got it in, and I felt a slight sense of excitement when I saw it, given everything I had read online about it being a challenging left-field scent.

Err, no.

It's simply a sophisticated smooth leather, with slight plasticky medicinal nuances. That's it. I find it to be extremely pleasant, and not at all challenging. NOT AT ALL. As in "zero."

Gucci Guilty Absolute would only be "challenging" to the most virgin of noses, exposed to the very safest and dullest mainstream fragrances.

I like it and would wear it, but I probably won't purchase a bottle because of its linearity, and also because it feels like an instant skin-scent.
17th June, 2018
I find Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme to be a missed opportunity more than anything else. Here is a fragrance by Gucci, after all those tiresome non-perfume entities, that merits at least a second sniff. It is a leather-vetiver scent, and quite far removed from everything else among mainstream perfumes. It starts off on skin with a lush note of medicinal leather. The leather is characterised by a particular medicinal character that hints at antiseptics and hospitals, and yet is oddly compelling, even brilliant. It is by no means an outlandish accord, but it is odd among mainstream perfumes, and hence the reaction. However, this leather accord doesn't persist and transforms into a vetiver dominated accord within an hour, which is largely nice but rather underwhelming after the initial phase. I do not detect any patchouli or cypress at any stage of development. I also find it to be extremely subdued on skin, and it practically disappears in about four hours. I do note that the dry down is soft and sensuous, and this can be an interesting office scent for people who wear stuff like Cuiron.

Gucci Guilty Absolute is definitely a breath of fresh air in a market saturated with clichéd fresh woody-ambers. It is innovative. However, it fails short of the mark personally, largely due to its potency/concentration issues. As an innovative leather scent it brings to mind Fahrenheit, but is rather tame in comparison. Leather vetivers are not that novel, with Bel Ami Vetiver being perhaps the most immediate example. In the context of medicinal leathers that push the envelope, it is comparable to Arte Profumi's Fumoir, which is pricier but more compelling. In fact, I recommend Fumoir to those who would find similar shortcomings in the Gucci. Gucci Guilty Absolute does not change the world of mainstream corporate perfumes, but it makes one more hopeful about positive change.

13th June, 2018

Add your review of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme

Shop for Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme

There are no member images of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme