Kiss Me Intense (2014)

Kiss Me Intense information

Year of Launch2014

HouseNicolaï

About Kiss Me Intense

Kiss Me Intense is a feminine perfume by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2014

Kiss Me Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Kiss Me Intense

I loved Patricia de Nicolai's Kiss Me Tender the moment I first smelled it from a sample vial, but sadly wasn't able to purchase a bottle before it was discontinued. Thankfully, I detect little difference between that fragrance and it's re-issue, Kiss Me Intense.

Kiss Me Intense is to me is one of the best heliotrope fragrances available today, and one of the best gourmands. The original Kiss Me Tender came out in 2010, before houses like A Lab on Fire started up and became known for their sweet gourmand fragrances such as What We Do in Paris is Secret. Patricia de Nicolai's creation IMO was/is superior to Dominique Ropion's. The scent is said to be inspired by candy and has a marshmallow, marzipane-like feel, however the florals keep it from becoming too sweet. The clove and cinnamon are not detectable to my nose. The heliotrope is lovely and avoids the baby-diapers smell that I've encountered in some other heliotrope fragrances.

It works well as a comfort scent, and is definitely better suited to colder weather. I can't imagine wearing it on warm days. It is also strong stuff, and a little goes a long way. I have the 30ml bottle and I expect it will last me the rest of my life.
30th November, 2019
On first sniff: Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Could be a real winner! Excited to try!

Second sniff: top notes of cheap bubblegum… less excited to try now.

1st wear: Applied on moisturised arms. Top notes are bold, exotic fruit (maybe the heliotrope) that borders on fruity bubblegum but very transient, disappear in a couple minutes. Very soft sillage, I had to spray 3x per arm to get any scent to linger, but then it stayed strong on my skin for at least three hours until I scrubbed it off. My boyfriend said it smelled "weird... like fake cherry". Sometimes I get whiffs of soft, powdery, romantic sweet floral, but mostly I just get very synthetic vibes––the almond and vanilla unfortunately combine to give me cherry chapstick. Maybe this is what all heliotrope fragrances smell like? If you want something niche and complex then you might like this, but if you want something that smells naturally beautiful then it's an easy pass. Verdict: 3 stars.

2nd wear: Applied on bare skin this time. Top notes are gorgeous orchidaceous vanilla-y sweet floral, I’m getting none of that “cherry chapstick” right now. It’s still ever-so-slightly plasticky / synthetic smelling, but nowhere near as bad as last time. I’m guessing the moisturiser I used last time interacted badly with it. Still probably not FBW, but I wouldn’t rule out getting another sample of this in future. Would be a beautiful springtime / daytime scent for a warm day in the tropics. Verdict: 4 stars
23rd September, 2017