L'Homme Idéal Sport (2017)
by Guerlain

L'Homme Idéal Sport information

Year of Launch2017

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
PerfumerDelphine Jelk
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Homme Idéal Sport

L'Homme Idéal Sport is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Delphine Jelk and Thierry Wasser

L'Homme Idéal Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Homme Idéal Sport

Suppress the EDT’s distinct almond accord to a level that is subtle but still perceptible, add watery, blue aquatic notes to the whole, and beef up the patchouli in the base and you have L’Homme Ideal Sport. It took me a while to like this one, as at first all I could sense were the big aquatic molecules overshadowing the fragrance. But after some time, the rest of the composition came into focus and I actually like it quite a bit now. The aquatic element is very smooth and well done. It doesn’t have that obnoxious, searing chemical quality that can occur when heavy amounts of calone are used. The cherry almond accord is still present but it appears in subtle wafts, which makes this one really an aquatic first with a touch of the original’s DNA. I’m not a huge fan of patchouli, and it’s a bit strong in the base for my taste, but it’s tolerable, and fans of the note should enjoy it. Good performance all around.
18th October, 2019
I've done a complete U-turn with ideal sport, initially I wrote it off as a generic blue fragrance. These days I really enjoy it, and at the time of writing my original thoughts i was swamped in blue style colognes. Now we have reached what seems like the end game in blue style fragrances and I am able to filter what actually was good and creative in this genre. Ideal sport is a very clean and easy going fragrance that is carefully balanced with a delicate hand. The aquatic notes and almond work very well and the patchouli is incorporated with the neroli to keep it sophisticated and fresh. It reminds me of a more dainty Chanel bleu , like you took that style and made it more guerlain like , transparent almost and nimble with added almond. I get good performance from this and the fragrance as a whole wouldn't seem out of place in the acqua Di Parma blue line of fragrances, very enjoyable.
09th March, 2018 (last edited: 12th April, 2019)
I didn't think Guerlain would go there for this line, but then Habit Rouge also got a sport flanker, so...

Guerlain cannot be anything but Geurlain, the same way Porsche cannot be anything but Porsche. So when Porsche makes an SUV, people will complain. It is for Porschephiles strictly, as there is very little SUV in it.

Same for this Sport flanker. The notes are sporty yes but seem almost heresy like.

Compared to the Cologne version this seems too 'today' and less Geurlain heritage. But, it fits so...

I wonder what flanker will be launched for 2018. I vote for Black or Oud

2014 Original
2015 Cologne
2016 EdP
2017 Sport
2018 Oud
18th January, 2018
Pleasantly boring. Too much blue/aquatic notes. I know it's a "Sport" flanker but I hardly detect any of the original Ideal DNA with its rich, gourmandy, almond sweetness. That's the sexy part of that fragrance so I'm not happy that it's MIA in the Sport version. However, it's pleasant and smells fresh and clean, so I can still give this a neutral.

Performance is good, projects like an average EdT and lasts for 6+ hours.
28th August, 2017
Yowch. I mean, it's respectably good for what it is. But what it is is a Guerlain take on a sports fragrance. Something not quite right here... but as the other reviews have noted, it's likeable enough and if you compete with your friends in sports scents, then this is pretty much top trumps.
21st August, 2017
I like this line, but Sport flanker is absolutely redundant here when compared with Cologne flanker. Somebody will most certainly love Sport version. I'll just sort of appreciate the idea and that's about it.

Originality 3/10

L'homme Ideal Sport eau de toilette 50ml perfume hombre Guerlain

End Date: Saturday Feb-29-2020 12:04:56 PST
Buy It Now for only: $78.41

Member images of L'Homme Idéal Sport

There are no member images of L'Homme Idéal Sport yet. Why not be the first?