L'Eau (2017)

L'Eau information

Year of Launch2017

HouseTauer

About L'Eau

L’eau is inspired by a lemontree in bloom on Andy Tauer’s veranda in crisp Zurich morning air. Highest quality ingredients, well balanced, lasting : L’eau by Tauer is a fresh unisex eau de parfum.

L'Eau fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau

The Star by Edgar Degas 1878
14th July, 2018
Hmm. Whatever it is supposed to be, this hit me with a heavy woody-incense combination lightened by a bit of citrus and then just gradually watered down - that's literally what it smells like for most of the time it lasts: a diluted - I guess you could call it 'fresher' if you were being charitable - version of the woody-incense that constitutes the signature Tauer core. I tried but I really couldn't get anything much else out of it. It's okay but definitely not my favourite of the Tauer scents.
17th March, 2018
Kaern Show all reviews
I'm disappointed with L'Eau.

The opening is gorgeous and bodes well but I feel that the progression to what is a fairly standard ambergris and musk finish via a fairly tame iris note is a bit predictable and slightly reminiscent of other Tauer drydowns.

I can't call this fragrance 'fresh' except for the top - I actually find it a little flat.

Having said that, I'd be happy to wear it occasionally -- I suppose my expectations were too high.
27th July, 2017
Tauer Perfumes L'Eau has received a lot of critical acclaim online, and certainly makes a bit of an impression upon first application. It answers the question (not that I was asking) of what citrus mixed with iris smells like.

It's a very citrus-heavy opening, apparently a mix of lemon, bergamot, and orange: I definitely get the orange the least, as it's fresh, but more toward the tart side of the lemon and bergamot. Mixed in with the iris, though, the blend is especially sharp, but dries down more comfortably into a mix of musk and sandalwood. Even in the dry down, though, it's still sharp, the citrus (slightly) and iris (noteworthily) still present.

Overall, it's a nice addition to the Tauer line, a robust freshie with well above average lasting power for a scent with its note breakdown, and a solid unisex summer day option. It walks the line between sophisticated and freewheeling.

I'm not sure I'll run out to buy this one, but maybe pursue a split in the meantime. Certainly this is one that merits trying, like so many of Andy Tauer's offerings.

7 out of 10
13th July, 2017
L'Eau opens with a beautiful citrus splash of lemony orange and bergamot that feels like the sun just hit me in the face with a fresh citrus life force. And then hiding just below the surface of this bright opening is a soft woody musk aroma that is a nice finish and backdrop to the warm citrus. As time goes by, the citrus opening is completely won over by this salty musk and red cedar woods + soft amber base. It is amazing to me how the development of this wood musk amber aroma becomes the entire fragrance rather quickly with no sign of citrus that opened the door just an hour ago when I put L'Eau on. The fragrance is a great contrast of development from beginning to ending but all through it smells warm, inviting, natural, and highly traditional. The orange bright opening transition to dry aromatic musk amber wood notes reminds me of two artistic cousins that have similar note transitions: Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi and Acqua di Palma Colonia Essenza. L'Eau has its own unique development and I highly recommend giving it a try.
10th June, 2017 (last edited: 14th June, 2017)

Add your review of L'Eau

Shop for L'Eau products online

Search for on eBay United States

Tauer L'air du desert Marocain 50ml Eau de Toilette 90% FULL with packaging

• USD $83.00 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 18 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 1 day
  • Shipping from: United States

Andy Tauer Perfumes Lonestar Memories L'EAU L'OUDH Orange Star phi une rose USA!

• USD $39.99

• Listing Type: eBay Store
  • Time Left: 19 days
  • Shipping from: Australia

Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain 30mL (1 floz) Eau De Parfum Decanted

• USD $84.99 (* converted from AUD 16.0)
  • Time Left: 17 days
  • Shipping from: Azerbaijan

Member images of L'Eau

There are no member images of L'Eau yet. Why not be the first?