Sky Father (2017)

Sky Father information

Year of Launch2017

HouseDame Perfumery

About Sky Father

Sky Father is a masculine fragrance by Dame Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2017

Sky Father fragrance notes

Reviews of Sky Father

Masculine, to start. There is a vague similarity to Perry Ellis M. Extraordinarily intense blend here. Toasted spices. Herbal tones. Bright, tickling cinnamon and anise. The fruits are smashed together. Geranium adds to the mix rather quickly. Then lavender moves in. It isn't long before more heart notes bleed into the settling top note array. Clove appears, although it seems soft. The intensity of the top notes begin to smooth evenly.

The rest of the flowers, bold as they are, join in the parade of notes. They too, seem masculine for awhile. Unsweetened, greenish as in natural, with leaves and stems, as well as pale petal accords. SF just gets better and better! There is only the slightest dirtiness, flower-rot under it all.

This changes again later. Clove and cinnamon seem to increase in strength. Galbanum intensifies as well. It's not quite bitter, which is perfect for me. Ylang & jasmine are as of young blooms - still pale green or celadon, with little sweetness.

This one, just keeps on changing as it moves along. Masculinity diminishes to reveal slightly more femme-powderiness, in the flowers. The spice begins to fall away some, as well. Galbanum keeps pace as woody sandalwood moves in... Vanilla and musk add a touch of creaminess. Spice, still lurking about in the background.

Sky Father is a well-done, indie fougere that gets two thumbs up and 4 1/2 stars, from me. Might have to get some more!
05th May, 2019
At first spray, the lemon overpowers everything, with some jasmine and lavender in the background, but this overpowering lemon quickly dissipates. The lemon is reminiscent of furniture spray for a brief moment, and then the sweet, juicy orange and faint mild clove appear, followed by the cinnamon. To my nose the cinnamon definitely establishes itself early on, but it is not at all overpowering.

About ten minutes in, the citrus notes become secondary to the floral notes, and the floral notes develop more complexity: not just lavender and jasmine, but joined with some other milder floral presence that evades me. I enjoy a nice comforting cup of jasmine tea on occasion, and this smells like the loveliest cup was made with a hint of middle eastern spices and a tiny bit of citrus and wildflower honey, served during the height of spring in a lovely garden of flowers.

About half an hour in, the woodiness appears. I smell sandalwood, but also some cedar, and the floral and citrus notes have worked out a nice balance. We have left tea time and are taking in the view from the gazebo.

As the hours progress, all of the citrus and most of the spiciness fades away, leaving the wood and floral in a good unisex balance -- not likely perceived as too masculine, not too feminine. My gut tells me that after the first hour, the scent would be inoffensive to anyone, so I could wear this into the office in Spring during the daytime, or it's well suited for evening wear -- that sharp citrus is invigorating and it would fade by the time I've arrived.

I'll be sad when the sampler runs out, but not so sad I rush out to buy another bottle. I might buy one of the 5ml trial sizes for $10 eventually just to have it around as a pick me up once in awhile when I want something different from my norm. Giving it a thumbs up for the execution and the story it tells.
18th January, 2018
I'll try my hand at this but I'm not as poetic or have as well defined olfactory as most since I'm new to this. The opening of Sky Father is mostly a cinnamon slap in the face along with a touch of orange and clove. As it dries down you get a mixture of cinnamon, jasmine, and lavender. The base notes come in after a few hours with sandalwood and vanilla taking center stage with a hint of musk. It's okay on my skin that the reason for the neutral rating. Performance is good. I have it on now and still smell it somewhat prominent. Projection is average as it dries it becomes more close skin. YMMV
01st June, 2017

Add your review of Sky Father

Shop for Sky Father products online

Member images of Sky Father

There are no member images of Sky Father yet. Why not be the first?