Alhada
by Tola

Alhada information

HouseTola

About Alhada

Alhada is a feminine perfume by Tola.

Reviews of Alhada

There is one review of Alhada.
I had been looking out for Alhada as it is a woody floral (my favourite kind of perfume) centred on the Taif rose. The opening moments looked like I was heading for a disappointment with a hairspray rose in the style of some of Montale’s dodgier offerings leading the charge. The only glimmer of light seemed to be a realistic marigold note – except that the scent of this blossom isn’t particularly bewitching.
But as I have learned with Tola, it pays to wait, as the perfumes usually take a while to settle. And sure enough the fumes that smelled of propellant dissipated (I think the lavender played a big part in creating that impression), and a rich and confident attar-style rose unfurled laid upon a bed of dark tonka and vanilla, and satisfyingly musty wood. It is profoundly sweet and yet escapes the syrup trap, through the bitter accents provided by the wood notes and a touch of saffron in the heart. It is one of Tola’s less unusual, more straightforward creations in that it seems to fit a particular Arabian style of roses (it is part of a collection called ‘Heritage’). My beef with it is that the deep drydown which is still plush with roses is no better than other offerings in this style. Not quite the knockout to justify Tola prices.
20th May, 2017

Add your review of Alhada

Shop for Alhada products online

Member images of Alhada

There are no member images of Alhada yet. Why not be the first?