Captured By Candlelight (2016)
by 4160 Tuesdays

Captured By Candlelight information

Year of Launch2016

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Captured By Candlelight

The scent of Christmas Pudding alight with blue brandy flames, served in an oak panelled dining room, lit with candles. Rich, fruity & boozy, with woods and a wax candle note.

Captured By Candlelight fragrance notes

Reviews of Captured By Candlelight

Stardate 20180617:

Starts with sweet bubblegum and some incense. Maybe the snuffwd out candle Accord.
Morphs into sweet toffee, woods and rum.
Like it
20th June, 2018
Captured by Candlelight is a majestic scent, and marks another successful gourmand/sweet foray by Sarah McCartney and 4160 Tuesdays, though I confess I've mostly tried sweet scents from her thus far.

CBC is inarguably a gourmand, though, conjuring the sticky toffee pudding vibe, the holiday dessert laden with sweet, bready, and spicy elements.

CBC also has some sweet booziness from the cognac, in addition to the more solid food elements of cinnamon, toffee, fruits, hazelnuts, anchored with an inedible base of oak and candle wax.

Overall the experience is sweet cinnamon/toffee pudding with a cognac vibe and some underlying woods. Very pleasant, very sweet, and rewarding it its comfort.

I confess I don't specifically get candle wax from this but it does have a slightly waxy attribute overall and one could easily consider it similar in overall scent to a food-like candle, though I ultimately do not: it's far closer to actual food than to a candle imitating food, and in that respect, Sarah has created a superbly realistic and fun to wear gourmand.

CBC seems to me to be a versatile cold weather scent, as I could see myself wearing it just casually around the house all the same as I could see myself wearing it on a holiday.

It's also not heavy or dark enough that I'd totally shy away from wearing it on a summer evening, even. And perhaps it goes without say but this very true gourmand is quite unisex.

Performance-wise, it's very good, perhaps not quite as boastful as Eau My Soul or Maxed Out but comparable. And the price point is fair, at $100/$90 for 50ml via Indiescents and Olfactif, respectively.

I certainly intend to track down a bottle of this. Really delectable stuff.

8 out of 10
15th November, 2017

Add your review of Captured By Candlelight

Shop for Captured By Candlelight products online

Member images of Captured By Candlelight

There are no member images of Captured By Candlelight yet. Why not be the first?