Heritage Eau de Parfum (1992)
by Guerlain

Heritage Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch1992

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Heritage Eau de Parfum

Heritage Eau de Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992

Heritage Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Heritage Eau de Parfum

Zowiee Show all reviews
Have owned a bottle of EDP for quite some time, and at first thought I had a bad bottle of weak juice. But now, after a couple of years, I love this EDP. It does really last for me, not overpowering, but subtly bright and aromatic. One of my all time favorites, for now anyway!!
21st December, 2018
I researched this fragrance, as well as Habit Rouge, before purchasing both from FragranceNet. Unlike my initial uncertainty with Habit Rouge and learning to appreciate it in the dry down, I immediately liked the top notes of Heritage. Like Habit Rouge, it does not disappoint, but unlike Habit Rouge, the journey is more pleasant. I enjoy the heart notes and bass notes which create a synergy that blends each element perfectly to produce ongoing reminders, or waves of olfactory pleasure, which whisper in quiet waves. The sillage invites the senses in a manner that draws a curious response, and the invitations are sent all day, due to the longevity of this fragrance. This is a the kind of fragrance you wear when you mature and appreciate the finer things.
10th December, 2018 (last edited: 18th January, 2019)
After lots of research and testing the EDT and reading that the EDP is more in line with what I like (although I LOVE the EDT). I ordered a bottle on Fragrance.net, new bottle so assuming it is the latest version. I did find one in the old bottle but I'm always nervous of wasting money on something that may be off. Because I wasn't aware of it at launch, with its very masculine and old-school advertising, I have a very different impression of it in real life. I agree with Oviatt's impression that this is more Shalimar than Habit Rouge. I also agree with Luca Turin's description of 'radiant' - I wouldn't exactly term it as 'sillage' because its not a monster scent, but it does in fact radiate off the skin (or even my t-shirt which I sprayed it on today) in waves. Its so smooth and blended that I never really pick out any one note - you know they are all in there, but they are all part of a solidly built structure. I also get a bit of the dirt/skank some describe about 30 minutes in - I actually thought perhaps the bottle I got was 'off' but after about 5 minutes it smooths out. For me the difference between an exceptional scent and a merely good one is the entire drydown of a wearing - so many today are meant to smell nice when you sniff at Sephora, you buy immediately, then wear it a few times and nothing is left after an hour or two and you question why you purchased. But with the classics, the drama and pleasure is in the life of the thing. I have a bottle of Shalimar and for me, those first 15-30 minutes are weird - it only gets better. Heritage, Habit Rouge definitely fit here. Caron Pour Un Homme smells amazing until the end of the day. Frederic Malle's Noir Epices is so well-done (and strong) that I can sometimes still smell it in bed after I've showered. Heritage joins this group for me.
22nd September, 2018
This the best Guerlain fragrance I have smelt.
It has the normal depth of the EDT but it's creamier and more subtle and emminently more wearable. Lavender corriander patchouli in the dry down. Could not sense the pepper indeed raising that to the level of awareness would have added to the masculinity. A solid like which may mature to love or fade gracefully.

Fragrance: 3.75/5
Projection: 3.75/5
Longevity: 3.75/5

EDT would be 3/5, 4.5/5, 4/5 respectively.
06th March, 2018
My comments relate to a 2009 edp, tall bottle, gold cap.

I've grown to appreciate many masculine orientals as special occasion fragrances (e.g. Tiffany for Men, Rochas Lui) and not really suited for office/every day wear. Heritage is one of those.

The overall vibe is one of a primed cedarwood humidor, sans cigars, itself encased in a subordinate powdery vanilla. There's an animalic accord (castoreum would be my guess) throughout, however (other than the arguable assault of an open) that bit is largely noticeable only upon close-up sniffs. Classy and sophisticated. Longevity is good, projection/sillage low.

I believe someone once commented that Heritage is perhaps one of the best uses of vanilla in men's perfumery. No argument here.

Originally posted in edt reviews - 10/16/2016
22nd February, 2018
To me this EDP is just so much vanilla that I can't stand it..too sweet and it seems to me to be a linear scent...
overpowering sweetness from opening through drydown. I don't get the lavender, patchouli or any wood notes in this like I used to get with the older EDT. This is all just "one note" sweetness to me..I don't get any pepper either to relieve the sweetness which is so very strong and always present..
This EDP has more longevity than the EDT which is the case for most Guerlain fragrances in EDT form; they disappear in about an hour and you are left with nothing on your skin
10th December, 2017

Add your review of Heritage Eau de Parfum

Shop for Heritage Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Heritage Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

HERITAGE de GUERLAIN Eau de Parfum Refillable Homme Spray ~ 2.5 oz. 75ml. Rare !

$199.95 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Feb-17-2019 13:59:42 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Guerlain Heritage Pour Homme 3.4oz_100ml Eau De Parfum Spray EDP Perfume for Men

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 0:57:01 PST

3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Heritage Cologne NEW AUTHORIZED DEALER

End Date: Thursday Feb-28-2019 9:37:03 PST
Buy It Now for only: $89.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

HERITAGE by Guerlain Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz / 100 ml (Men)

End Date: Thursday Feb-28-2019 14:13:15 PST

Guerlain Heritage Eau de Parfum Men's 100 ml | cod. X827298 CA

End Date: Friday Mar-1-2019 10:38:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $72.83

Member images of Heritage Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Heritage Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?