Heritage Eau de Parfum (1992)
by Guerlain

Heritage Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch1992

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Heritage Eau de Parfum

Heritage Eau de Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992

Heritage Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Heritage Eau de Parfum

After lots of research and testing the EDT and reading that the EDP is more in line with what I like (although I LOVE the EDT). I ordered a bottle on Fragrance.net, new bottle so assuming it is the latest version. I did find one in the old bottle but I'm always nervous of wasting money on something that may be off. Because I wasn't aware of it at launch, with its very masculine and old-school advertising, I have a very different impression of it in real life. I agree with Oviatt's impression that this is more Shalimar than Habit Rouge. I also agree with Luca Turin's description of 'radiant' - I wouldn't exactly term it as 'sillage' because its not a monster scent, but it does in fact radiate off the skin (or even my t-shirt which I sprayed it on today) in waves. Its so smooth and blended that I never really pick out any one note - you know they are all in there, but they are all part of a solidly built structure. I also get a bit of the dirt/skank some describe about 30 minutes in - I actually thought perhaps the bottle I got was 'off' but after about 5 minutes it smooths out. For me the difference between an exceptional scent and a merely good one is the entire drydown of a wearing - so many today are meant to smell nice when you sniff at Sephora, you buy immediately, then wear it a few times and nothing is left after an hour or two and you question why you purchased. But with the classics, the drama and pleasure is in the life of the thing. I have a bottle of Shalimar and for me, those first 15-30 minutes are weird - it only gets better. Heritage, Habit Rouge definitely fit here. Caron Pour Un Homme smells amazing until the end of the day. Frederic Malle's Noir Epices is so well-done (and strong) that I can sometimes still smell it in bed after I've showered. Heritage joins this group for me.
22nd September, 2018
This the best Guerlain fragrance I have smelt.
It has the normal depth of the EDT but it's creamier and more subtle and emminently more wearable. Lavender corriander patchouli in the dry down. Could not sense the pepper indeed raising that to the level of awareness would have added to the masculinity. A solid like which may mature to love or fade gracefully.

Fragrance: 3.75/5
Projection: 3.75/5
Longevity: 3.75/5

EDT would be 3/5, 4.5/5, 4/5 respectively.
06th March, 2018
My comments relate to a 2009 edp, tall bottle, gold cap.

I've grown to appreciate many masculine orientals as special occasion fragrances (e.g. Tiffany for Men, Rochas Lui) and not really suited for office/every day wear. Heritage is one of those.

The overall vibe is one of a primed cedarwood humidor, sans cigars, itself encased in a subordinate powdery vanilla. There's an animalic accord (castoreum would be my guess) throughout, however (other than the arguable assault of an open) that bit is largely noticeable only upon close-up sniffs. Classy and sophisticated. Longevity is good, projection/sillage low.

I believe someone once commented that Heritage is perhaps one of the best uses of vanilla in men's perfumery. No argument here.

Originally posted in edt reviews - 10/16/2016
22nd February, 2018
To me this EDP is just so much vanilla that I can't stand it..too sweet and it seems to me to be a linear scent...
overpowering sweetness from opening through drydown. I don't get the lavender, patchouli or any wood notes in this like I used to get with the older EDT. This is all just "one note" sweetness to me..I don't get any pepper either to relieve the sweetness which is so very strong and always present..
This EDP has more longevity than the EDT which is the case for most Guerlain fragrances in EDT form; they disappear in about an hour and you are left with nothing on your skin
10th December, 2017
Oviatt Show all reviews
As a longtime fan of Heritage EdT (of which I have plenty of vintage), I was worried about trying the latest version of this; everyone raves about the vintage and I did not want to be disappointed about a EdP version of one of may favorite scents. In the end I got a bottle of the newest version (wood cap) and it is wonderful--richer and warmer than the EdT and I detect a slightly gourmand chocolate/tonka note--nothing like as strong as in L'Instant Pour Homme but present in the EdP where I do not get it in the EdT. The citrus and lavender opening is bright and wonderful and slightly toned down from the EdT. I have often thought that Heritage is the real Shalimar Pour Homme, much more so than Habit Rouge, and in the EdP strength I feel this even more strongly. Now I am on the hunt for a bottle of vintage....
20th September, 2017
The 90's Vintage EDP. Now you're talking. Think holding closer to the skin, intimate, a halo around the whole of you. Golden oil, slightly darker, vaguely dusty.
Like them all, bigtime, however the 90's Vintage EDP and EDT are so very Full Fat
Scrumptuous.

The current opens brighter, carries close to the Vintage in the Heart. Drydown reveals the loss of butter in Oakmoss and Sandalwood.
The Pyramid above is nonsense. There is certainly more going on in the Vintage and the new is perhaps using compounds.
The current is very good and if there was no Vintage left, I would be satisfied.
19th September, 2017 (last edited: 24th October, 2017)

Add your review of Heritage Eau de Parfum

Heritage By Guerlain Eau De Parfum Spray 3.3 Oz *tester

End Date: Thursday Dec-27-2018 0:11:50 PST
Buy It Now for only: $54.27

Member images of Heritage Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Heritage Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?