Monogram Collection : Dōjima (2017)
by Mona di Orio

Monogram Collection : Dōjima information

Year of Launch2017

HouseMona di Orio
PerfumerFredrik Dalman

About Monogram Collection : Dōjima

The name derives from the Dōjima Rice Exchange founded by Samurai in 1697 in Osaka, Japan. Let us travel back to this moment in time, have the beauty and serenity of a single rice grain work as your seductive armor.

Reviews of Monogram Collection : Dōjima

There is one review of Monogram Collection : Dōjima.
Neither a tribute to rice or Osaka

Of the Mona di Orios I've tried, Dojima is the most disappointing. The opening is musty, rather than musky. Instead of Japanese rice, I have the distinct impression of vintage clothing that has been stored for years and could use some airing out.

The scent improves as it develops and the jasmine begins to open up. But you need to wait for it to meld with the rest of the scent which remains a dusty, musty orris for some time. It takes a couple hours for the fragrance to become more enjoyable and softer. But overall, it frustrates. It brightens and lifts at points to become quite beguiling, but those moments are fleeting and one feels like Dojima could be any nice iris-powder-makeup scent.

I'm also at a loss to review Dojima because I feel very biased. I sampled Dojima primarily because of the hyped "rice accord." Theoretically, I can imagine jasmine and powdery iris recreating the scent of rice, but they never blend together in this way on my skin. If you are hoping for something reminiscent of fragrant jasmine rice, you are better off trying Etat Libre d'Orange's Fils de Dieu. I also wish to point out that the rice in Japan is not jasmine rice! It's a short-grain variety that is firm, chewy, and a little sticky. It's very different from the fluffy, aromatic long-grain varieties like jasmine or basmati. I was really hoping for Japanese rice, but I suppose I should have known from the notes pyramid that this was not to be.

When I try to set my expectations aside, I am left with an interesting but wearable gauzy jasmine-orris with a dusting of spice and hint of cream. It might take me awhile to appreciate this. It's not a travesty. Faint praise for a house I usually enjoy.
23rd November, 2018

Add your review of Monogram Collection : Dōjima

Shop for Monogram Collection : Dōjima products online

Rare & Huge MONOGRAM RALPH LAUREN Store Display Cologne Refiller Bottle 11 1/2"

End Date: Monday Apr-8-2019 6:06:46 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $124.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

3 MINI BOTTLES PERFUME--COBALT BOTTLES: SHADES BY NAVY, RL MONOGRAM, NAVY

End Date: Wednesday Apr-10-2019 19:45:06 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $15.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Monogram Collection : Dōjima

There are no member images of Monogram Collection : Dōjima yet. Why not be the first?