Tom Ford Noir Anthracite (2017)
by Tom Ford

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite information

Year of Launch2017

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2017

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite fragrance notes

Reviews of Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

I was intrigued and loved this fragrance from the first sniff at a Dillard's store. The knowledgeable SA there asked me what I liked and then brought me to the TF fragrances. I was like, "Oh no, nothing is so good that I will pay those prices!" My husband and I ended up buying a TF fragrance that night, but not TFNA. We bought Noir Extreme that night but never forgot TFNA. I was pleasantly surprised that the fragrances in this line weren't as pricey as I imagined!

Even if I immediately loved TF Noir Anthracite, my husband thought it was tough and was put off by it. He thought it was a fragrance for Rambo and wasn't something he could wear. Meanwhile my eyes rolled back while sniffing the blotter point blank(this reaction is extremely rare for me as well as letting an actual fragrance blotter touch my nose or even get too close to it).

There is a peppery, dry, rubbery, asphalt-like quality to this fragrance. It lacks any sweetness to my nose and smells very serious and masculine. I really enjoyed it immediately and would have loved it if my husband wore it. It's projection and longevity are good but it is not beastly or anything. Something like this might be too much if it were too strong IMO.

Months later, we shopped and sniffed at a Sephora and I requested a decanted sample of TFNA with a couple other perfume samples for myself. I gave it to my husband and planted the seed...

My husband wore it a couple times and began to like it OK. A couple more months later, and he quickly used up the rest of the decant claiming that he then REALLY liked it. HA!The seed I planted sprouted!

He came home with the fragrance yesterday as a late birthday present for himself. YAY!

08th January, 2019
Very dry, very mineral, very masculine fragrance. I can’t stand it but I know it’s good.
10th November, 2018
Spicy, peppery. Starts off rather similar to Sahara Noir. Woody notes with a mineral edge (like graphite). Bold and assertive. I suppose that some might find the mineral edge to be reminiscent of oak moss. And, like oak moss, there is a sort of soapy-creamy aspect. Pretty good.
03rd October, 2018
What's going on? First Gucci Guilty Absolute, now this Tom Ford offering - some real winners in the designer realm.

This one is eighty percent 80s powerhouse, twenty percent dark noirish spices. Completely contemporary, but with a sense of its history and heritage. Arquiste's El is a good comparison, but El wishes it was Noir Anthracite. As others have noted, there is only a vague relation to the rest of the Noir line.

I will say, though, that it's damned expensive at the moment. Looking forward to seeing those prices come down. Highly recommended.
17th March, 2018
Smooth, laid back scent (atypical for the Tom Ford line!) that echoes scents like Rykiel Homme Grey, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and (as "alfarom" mentioned in his review) any oakmoss-type scent out there. I like its classic, understated tone that wears nearly like a skin scent and is never cloying.

15th February, 2018
Tom Ford Noir Anthracite seems like a notable departure in the signature line's Noir series, a pungent, spicy chypre.

It involves a heavy dose of pepper mixed with woods, primarily, with some citrus hints at the beginning. It's a pungent nod to the chypre genre while seemingly not a chypre itself. It's spicy but not so much to overwhelm the woody contributors of cedar and sandalwood, which smooth out the influence of the Sichuan pepper, which by itself is toward the animalic side of pepper, specifically, and spice, generally.

To me, the connection to the private blend line's now-discontinued masterpiece Italian Cypress is indisputable, if only faint.

Its performance is robust, so that's a credit to its value if you enjoy the scent. I enjoy it somewhat and might wear it regularly if I already had it but given the existence of Italian Cypress and Halston Z-14, Noir Anthracite has comparatively little value despite being a decent scent. It's neither the masterpiece nor the affordable counterpart. It's stuck in between, somewhat overpriced for what it is, as $171 for 100ml and $122 for 50ml retail.

7 out of 10

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite Perfume For Men Cologne 3.4oz EDP 3.3oz New in Box

End Date: Thursday Jan-24-2019 5:57:48 PST
Buy It Now for only: $160.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite Eau De Parfum 0.05oz/1.5ml sample New!

End Date: Thursday Jan-24-2019 19:38:59 PST

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite by Tom Ford Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz

End Date: Friday Jan-25-2019 2:10:02 PST
Buy It Now for only: $136.40

Member images of Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

There are no member images of Tom Ford Noir Anthracite yet. Why not be the first?