Selperniku (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseJanuary Scent Project
PerfumerJohn Biebel

About Selperniku

Selperniku is a shared / unisex perfume by January Scent Project. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer John Biebel

Reviews of Selperniku

Highly artistic. I could wear this on special occasions. The apricot, cardamom, and immortelle are luscious. The petitgrain and cypress hint at their presence. There exists a touch of nutty sweetness with the cardamom. I get a salty, lemon infusion. The main stars here are the butter, milk, and sandalwood. These notes linger on my skin the most. It's an almost perverse union; like someone poured melted butter in a bowl of dried potpourri. I'll sample this again in cold weather. It may then take on a different profile.
19th July, 2018
Yes! Opening is very interesting. My first impression is of the fragrance and bouquet of the fruit of Pear, just slightly green and very fresh. The Cardamom spices and Fruity Apricot voluminizes. The opening then turns to the Shade of Apricot and it's Leather. Smooths to a buttery texture with a base to a Coconut oil, Lactonic Sandal. The Tobacco comes to me as a Salty Compound of Sweetgrass (Tobacco). This colour, in the landscape, is reminiscent of a scent from MikMoi called "Journey". Mikmoi explores the subject of single tone. Selperniku builds and explores with splashes of many tonal colours, however shares similar modern, transparent esthetic. I would classify this scent as "Artisan" in composition and painted by a perfumer with a clear understanding of Classical Art. Absolutely delightful, this scent. Clearly accessible in asking price.
Would I wear this? Oh Yes, definitely. Selperniku, is, for me, Composition classical and Modern, Sleek accords, beautifully balanced and a knowing, Art.
Immortelle, a note I have often found difficult to wear, has been incorporated with a buttery texture and tone reminiscent of Fazzolari's Cadavre Exquis. Very agreeable.
04th March, 2018 (last edited: 05th March, 2018)
Sunshine and warmth from a bottle.
This is something that you don't expect, and i certainly did not expect the green/citric opening from the petitgrain and lemon to beautifully counter-balance the creamier sweetness of the apricot and butter. My el-fresco continental breakfast never smelled so good or inviting.
For me this has 3 distinct phases that work and blend well with ine another; the longest being the sumptuous buttery apricot heart.
Cypress and Juniper berries help keep this from gourmand territory and guide this composition through its development to a creamy warm woody/tobacco base. The use of saltiness in this also gives it the illusion of an extended skin scent. Some of the best skin you will smell.
10 plus hours longevity and excellent projection and sillage.
Wearable year round but would shine in the warmth.
16th August, 2017
I'm surprised by this one. It is unusual, but it an enjoyable way. It is butter and milk with apricot and salt. It subtly grabs your attention. This makes me think of something that could have been created by Sluberhouse and Josh Lobb, but it's not. This is John Biebel's creation, and is the best of the three he just released. It feels a bit dress up, which is kind of surprising for a fragrance that is foodie, but that's my feeling. I think it's an excellent fragrance to wear while in a white shirt and tie. I like this one much more than I did Eiderantler, which also surprised me based on what I expected Eiderantler to be. Selperniku however is much more enjoyable so far in my opinion and I'm seriously considering a purchase here. "Surprising" really is the word for this one. Well done Mr. Biebel!
30th July, 2017 (last edited: 31st July, 2017)

Add your review of Selperniku

Shop for Selperniku products online

Member images of Selperniku

There are no member images of Selperniku yet. Why not be the first?