Eiderantler (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseJanuary Scent Project
PerfumerJohn Biebel

About Eiderantler

Eiderantler is a shared / unisex perfume by January Scent Project. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer John Biebel

Reviews of Eiderantler

The note of ivy intrigued me - brought to my mind the dark spicy notes of the plant - dark soil and shadow. The scent itself was green, not sharp galbanum, but like green leaves of an indoor plant warmed fragrant by sunlight. A summer green fragrance; it dries down to a vanillic hay creamy woods note, like the white heartwood of a tree. A pleasant scent; I prefer the furry bitter herbal notes of Yatagan, although that is perhaps an unfair comparison if they are in different sub-genres.
21st September, 2018
I wonder if I'm just not the target audience for John Biebel's perfumes. Eiderantler, in particular, excited me from its description. And the juice color made me feel like I was in for a cool blast of fir, camphorous lavender, and green leaves. But what I get is powdery, soft, and smooth. Not forest by any means, but something more comfortable, more domestic. It's a bit of a dusty fougère—slightly soapy, just a little pepper—but leans much more feminine than you'd expect.

As has been with each of these first four offerings from JSP (Smolderose, Vaporocindro, and Selperniku included), I get the vibe of a middle-aged woman—and not quite an elegant, Bergdorf-shopping, Upper East Side type, but rather your aunt in Maine who's a ceramicist and picks this up and says “wow, this is different!” Because they really are interesting, but I just can't personally click with them. They're almost too friendly, too affable, and I keep looking for some sort of deeper edge.

I'm still very interested in what JSP offers next—I think each one of the perfumes so far has a unique perspective and is very well-made. I'm going to keep sniffing them from time to time to see if my opinion changes, but after a few tries of Eiderantler, I'm not quite sold.
23rd August, 2018
Eiderantler (love the name) is mostly a lavender fragrance on my skin. Unfortunately it seems to contain sweet vanilla and a kind of musk which I don't really like. Thus it is not my kind of fragrance. However, try it out for yourself.
13th July, 2018
Eiderantler, I find difficult to wear. It opens with an accord similar to Fortes Fortuna Luvat VOTM (A very strange and interesting scent).
It then veers off the road and goes the way of Clothing Detergent Musk and Scratchy Bar soap from a 60's High School Lavatory. Drydown is to an uninteresting wood.
Not to my taste, however many may like the nostalgia and youngsters may find it comforting.
I don't often write neutral or negative reviews, however, in this case I have found Biebel's other offerings, extraordinarily, beautiful, innovative and more, Artisan delights.
I think this perfumer needs to be observed.
11th March, 2018
I'll need to wear this again. My first impression is that there is some green here, but not nearly as much as the impression this green juice, the listed notes, and it's medieval forest name would indicate. There's a scent that reminds me of a hand lotion my mom used to wear. It makes me feel like this frag has a bit more of a feminine vibe than I tend to care for, BUT...as I mentioned, I need to wear it for another day to get a really good feel for it. The notes I could identify in my first wear were some lavender, cashmeran, some vetiver, and musk. I really love the presentation on this one, and want to love the fragrance as well, but it's been slow to grow on me so far. In the immortal words of Bruce Dickinson, this fragrance needs more Fir Cone...A LOT MORE Fir Cone...or is it cowbell?
30th July, 2017 (last edited: 31st July, 2017)

Add your review of Eiderantler

Shop for Eiderantler products online

Member images of Eiderantler

There are no member images of Eiderantler yet. Why not be the first?