Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By (2017)
by Floraïku

INDIFFERENT
TO THE TEA PICKER’S SONG

Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By fragrance notes

Reviews of Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By

The sun, wind and clouds
Tangled in sky and senses
Laughing at the moon.

27th February, 2020
I See the Clouds Go By is the first fragrance I’ve tried by Floraiku. Made by the founders of Memo Paris, the brand is inspired by Japanese culture and all fragrances are named after haiku. is a very straightforward fragrance. I would classify it as fruity floral, which is a family I don’t typically love. It contains just three notes: cassis absolute (top note), cherry blossom (heart note), and white musk (base note). The fragrance opens rather powerfully with a note of cassis. At first, the cassis is overwhelming, as the sole top note of this fragrance. It is fruity and sweet yet also has a sense of green bitterness akin to a blackcurrant leaf to temper it down. At about thirty minutes in, a faint trace of cherry blossom begins to emerge, and by an hour or so it gains strength and coexists with the cassis quite evenly. Eventually, the cherry blossom takes over, yet the cassis never completely disappears unlike many top notes. After the cassis mellows out a bit, the fragrance becomes more subdued. It lingers close to the skin, quietly and beautifully. After a few hours, it once again changes into a light, musky dry down with an air of sweetness from the cherry blossoms and the cassis. These notes persist on even if they aren’t front and center anymore. The longevity of the fragrance is moderate on my skin, with a dry down that I can get whiffs of throughout the later part of the day. While it starts off with a fairly overpowering opening of cassis, it is a more personal and intimate skin scent throughout the end of its life.

I lived in Japan and have very fond memories of that period of my life. Cherry blossoms have always been one of my favorite flavors and favorite scents. I See the Clouds Go By takes me right back to that time, to hanami in the spring. Typically I don’t go for fragrances as light and airy as this one, yet I think it’s exactly that airiness that depicts the nature of cherry blossoms perfectly. When I was shown this fragrance, I knew it was the one for me. I’ve been searching for a while for a cherry blossom fragrance I love the ephemeral beauty of them and this fragrance captures that sort of transient delicacy.

While I usually prefer fragrances with a little more sillage, I love the fragrance enough to have bought a bottle on spot. Although a more personal scent, it does have longevity as a musky skin scent throughout the day.
19th February, 2020 (last edited: 24th February, 2020)
Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme that costs $350/60ml. The bottle is gorgeous though, and refillable, if it's worth it to you. I'll stick with my Gucci (it lasts longer anyway).
03rd November, 2018

Add your review of Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By

Shop for Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By products online

Member images of Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By

There are no member images of Enigmatic Flowers : I See The Clouds Go By yet. Why not be the first?