Oud Minérale (2017)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Oud Minérale

Oud Minérale is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2017

Oud Minérale fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Minérale

I fall in love with this fragrance and purchase it right away. However, the longevity disappointed me. It lasted about 1-2 hours on me.

Not for this price, unfortunately.
29th July, 2018
I go back and forth on this one. I like it and appreciate the vibe, but just not sure I want to smell like it. Its definitely a salty, woody, marine scent. I get a lot of the sea salt, sea spray vibe, with the oud in the background. Interesting, but not a scent I'd use too often. I'd definitely recommend trying it out to see what you think. More interesting than practical IMO.
14th June, 2018 (last edited: 15th June, 2018)
Tom Ford's Oud Minérale is quite a fragrance to wear...

Upon initial spray-on, I get a very bright, spicy quality that reminds me of Eight & Bob's "Nuit de Megève." That lasts for a while before Oud Minérale mellows out and transforms into more of a mossy-vetiver scent that stays linear and predictable. It is quite pleasant, evoking memories of other vegetal fragrances I've worn in my time...but the oud is hollowed out and barely present in the way that I'm used to oud fragrances being (i.e. smoky, dark, rife with incense).

Ultimately, Oud Minérale has an impressive, mature, multi-layered quality to it that never becomes cloying (though the opening can be somewhat hard to like). It lasts a long time, has decent sillage, and is a fancy take on oud fragrances to the point that the typical oud sensation is missing! Good to check out as a distinctive chapter of Tom Ford's amazing other oud formulations.
02nd May, 2018
Oud Minérale smells cold, powdery, aquatic and medicinal all at the same time. There's something that reminds me of leather as well.

Seems too heavy for summer, probably best for cooler weather.

Powerful projection and lasts more than a day.
16th February, 2018
Oud Minérale opens with a sea spray note that is iodised and mineral, like sand and pebbles by the sea, which strongly reminds me of the similar accords in L'Artisan Parfumeur Un Air de Bretagne and Hermès Eau des Merveilles Bleue, both released in the same as Oud Minérale.

However, unlike the other two that breath air into this sea spray accord with sparkling citrus, Oud Minérale is sturdy and relentless, without much else to support the iodised accord. As I'm not that into marine accords in general, this head-on crash with the sea spray opening does not appeal to me personally.

As this mineral and marine accord mellows with time, other nuances begin to make themselves known starting from the 2nd hour, with predominantly the aromatic pepperiness and fresh aquatic cucumber ebbing and waning from time to time. All of these rests on an abstract and very lightweight resinous woody base, and I don't recognise any oud in natural or popular synthetic reconstructions.

Oud Minérale then just keeps getting more nebulous and becomes a slightly salty, abstract skin scent. The longevity is at least 7 hours, while the sillage is mostly close to skin.

As a new generation of aquatic/marine fragrances, the mineral sand/pebbles effect itself is quite refreshing to the genre. However, after smelling three marine fragrances with this very similar accord in a row, while Oud Minérale is certainly adequate, I did not find it significantly more interesting than the other two. A rich oud could have been a very interesting, if not challenging, companion to the marine accord, But instead, Oud Minérale plays safe and lays a vague, soft woody base.

If you're looking for a slightly masculine, iodised marine fragrance and has less limit on budget, you may want to try Oud Minérale. However, I would not recommend it as an oud fragrance, because it plays only a minor role at best in this fragrance.
09th February, 2018
ITS very dry, woody, earthy to the point it smells like mushroom. Of course, very mineral as well. Quite on the masculine side. It’s something different, a bit too different. There’s a lot of incense as well.
26th December, 2017

Add your review of Oud Minérale

Shop for Oud Minérale products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Oud Minérale

There are no member images of Oud Minérale yet. Why not be the first?