Givenchy Gentleman (new) (2017)
by Givenchy

Givenchy Gentleman (new) information

Year of Launch2017

HouseGivenchy
PerfumerOlivier Cresp
PerfumerNathalie Lorson
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Givenchy Gentleman (new)

Givenchy Gentleman (new) is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Nathalie Lorson and Olivier Cresp

Givenchy Gentleman (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Givenchy Gentleman (new)

This was on my testlist. Gentlemen I wore in the 70's and it was simply awesome. If you go here

entry 130.

A respected Reviewer offers hilarious review
how it compares.

Now on my never try list.
23rd November, 2017 (last edited: 24th November, 2017)
Such harsh reviews.
I like this. Imagine Gucci Guilty's new flanker Absolute, but in a way restrained cologne strength. It is synthetic, yes but still enjoyable.

It is nothing compared to the original 1974 release, nor should it be.

That said, this could have been far more dense/thick/bolder. Perhaps Givenchy is going to flanker it out like Gentlemen Only, in which case a true winner will emerge.

Still, this is an office version of a masculine manly scent. Not in your face offensive, but still in your face in the most polite possible way.
14th November, 2017
This is a totally new fragrance from Givenchy. From what I understand they are trying to relaunch it as a new Gentleman. The pair behind, Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson, have already collaborated in the New YSL Opium Black and he has done Black XS and she has done Cool Water Deep. The perfume itself is very subtle and discreet, even though it has Iris in the middle notes, which counts a lot. Lavender and Patchouli add to that. The result is very good and pleasant. I just suggest that people maybe need to put a generous splash, when they use it.
09th November, 2017
Totally raped the original formula. Damn violet (at least in my perception), saltiness and synth harsh woodiness, an umpteenth sort of Trussardi Uomo new, Gentleman Only or bla bla bla. A pathetic collapse. A nightmare.
05th November, 2017 (last edited: 06th November, 2017)
I sprayed this on with the hope it would smell like the original. No dice on that. I skip this one.
22nd October, 2017
Safe fragrance...

What I think about this one is that it's a safe option. I don't particularly think it's bad in any way, maybe just safe and pleasing. It's not one that would offend and I think it's a perfectly acceptable option for any man out there.

I get that this is an update of an original fragrance, but this smells similar to many offerings out there. I get a great floral composition here. The iris and lavender (two of my favourite notes) are paired with leather - a fantastic combination, and coupled with what I think is hedione (the synthetic jasmine similar to Dior - Eau Sauvage). Other fruity notes may accentuate the composition which remains fresh and sweet.

In summary, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with this fragrance, I find it very agreeable and pleasing, and I think people will like it. Longevity and projection are not great here so bear in mind to apply liberally. I think it's probably a better fragrance than Gentlemen Only however I must admit that the house of Givenchy has seen better days in the past.
18th October, 2017

Add your review of Givenchy Gentleman (new)

Shop for Givenchy Gentleman (new) products online

Search Amazon for Givenchy Gentleman (new)

Member images of Givenchy Gentleman (new)

There are no member images of Givenchy Gentleman (new) yet. Why not be the first?