Coromandel Eau de Parfum (2016)
by Chanel

PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Coromandel Eau de Parfum

The company say:

A spirited oriental fragrance that reveals itself by interrupting its amber vibrato with dry notes and finally settles into a long, restrained, voluptuous accord. Could there be any more beautiful homage to the exquisite Chinese lacquer screens that lined Mademoiselle Chanel’s apartments and made her almost “faint with happiness”?

Coromandel Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Coromandel Eau de Parfum

Coromandel, how much I love thee!

When I was 16, I thought I had found the Holy Grail of perfumery: It was KL femme, the bottle with the fan on top. I stuck to it for about 25 years, nothing could come between us. Even when it was discontinued, I managed to still buy bottles. When it came out once, it was a very expensive perfume, later on it could easily be found on discount and then - gone.

It took me almost 15 years to find something I love at least as much, if not even more, and that is Coromandel. They are not really all alike. KL was probably not exactly an olfactory masterpiece, Coromandel may be is. The combination of citrus fruit (there must be some blood orange in there, although not mentioned above), of "oriental" ingredients such as spices, of earth, rounded off with the warmth of a non-sticky patchouli and musk - it's gorgeous. And lasts forever on my skin, in fact, you won't need too much, this is a rather heavy one. Please, CHANEL: Don't ever discontinue it.
26th July, 2019 (last edited: 29th July, 2019)
So where do I start??

This has to be the most beautiful fragrance I have ever had the pleasure of putting my nose to. I mean, It's simply breathtaking. I really don't understand why this is marketed towards Women? To me Coromandel is totally unisex and far too good for any Man to miss out on because of a label on a box.

The blending is superb and and is one of the smoothest fragrances in existence. Comes across as extremely expensive and upscale (as it should).

From the opening I am getting mainly patch. It's one of the nicest patchouli notes I have ever come across. You know It's there but it Isn't skanky or anything to be afraid of. There is an underlying rose note and maybe some iris?? As the fragrance begins to dry down the more gourmand elements come to the surface. The main player is white chocolate or maybe a creamy milk chocolate?? It is totally seductive without becoming sickly sweet or a full on gourmand.

In conclusion, Coromandel is a work of art. Captivating from the word go and blended as well as you could possibly hope for.

01st May, 2019 (last edited: 20th July, 2019)
The EDP has lost the complex development of the original EDT. This one cuts straight to that beautiful "Coromandel accord" of resinous patchouli that comprises everyone's favorite part of the fragrance. Gone is the yummy, jellybean top. Gone is the difficult, dry wine and patchouli middle. Gone is the barbershop vibe followed by the sweet resin base. It's all still there, mind you, but it's delivered in one blast from start to finish. The EDT used to be unsettled, wavering delicately. The EDP is solid and sure -- and boring as a bag of candy. Why did they do this? Coromandel was so much fun before. Sure, not all of the phases were as likable as the others, but development is about the journey. Some parts of the adventure were a bit rough, but the Coromandel EDT was a Holy Grail trip. The EDP is a nice fragrance, but that's all. I'm sorry to say, this got dumbed-down. Shame on you, Chanel.
13th February, 2019
First of all, I've wanted to try this for a while and finally got some. I thought I was getting the EDT, but only because I'm blind, (not literally, just figuratively), so what I am wearing is the EDP, and I'm wondering if I'd like the EDT better? Is the patchouli more dominant in the EDT? Anyone whose tried both, please chime in. Anyway, this is well made, and definitely has the Chanel baseline DNA. Perhaps a bit too feminine for my taste, but I put one small spray on my wrist and then just a tiny dab behind each ear, and it actually grew on me as the day progressed. It's pretty fresh and nice. Coromandel has the "make-up" smell to me, similar to Dior Homme, but seems fresher as well. The 10 mils I have will probably last me for 10 years at the rate one days wear went today. It's potent and lasts a long time. I wouldn't ever wear more than I did today, as it has excellent sillage, and lasts all day and into the night. Excellent fragrance by Chanel and would smell amazing on a woman, that's for sure.
30th March, 2018
I like Bavard's "This is the best Coromandel EDT knockoff ever" LOL!!
Honestly, I have to agree.

Coromandel as a scent, I think, will prove to be a Chanel Classic.
As JTD says, it hits most of the spots to be a "Crowdpleaser"
19th January, 2018
Of course this is a thumbs up, the question is how good is it compared to the legendary edt?

It's probably not quite as good as the edt.

I didn't think the edt was perfect, and I never went beyond a large decant, but it did have magical moments: a base that went on forever, seemingly getting even better 12 hours later.

The edp is a slightly tamed version. It's probably 90% of the fragrance the edt was. I can't see too much lamenting about the change in formulation. This is the best Coromandel edt knockoff ever.

I think the edp is slightly less complex, more simply sweet.
19th January, 2018

Add your review of Coromandel Eau de Parfum

Shop for Coromandel Eau de Parfum products online

2 CHANEL LES EXCLUSIFS COROMANDEL EAU DE PARFUM SAMPLE SPRAY 1.5 ML 0.05 OZ EDP

End Date: Friday Jan-17-2020 16:53:07 PST
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

12 CHANEL LES EXCLUSIFS COROMANDEL EAU DE PARFUM SAMPLE SPRAY 1.5 ML 0.05 OZ EDP

End Date: Friday Jan-17-2020 16:56:41 PST

Buy It Now for only: $48.00

Chanel Perfume samples: Coromandel, Sycomore, Boy sample spray vial 3 x 2 ml

End Date: Wednesday Jan-22-2020 20:13:13 PST

Member images of Coromandel Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Coromandel Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?