Fucking Fabulous (2017)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Fucking Fabulous

Fucking Fabulous is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2017

Reviews of Fucking Fabulous

I found this at the airport, finally. It was called only « FABULOUS ». « Fucking » seems to be censored in Belgium.
The tester bottle was nearly empty. I could sniff a very nice oriental. I can’t wait to try it properly.
09th November, 2018
FF includes several delectable ingredients that make for a
decent scent: Bitter almond oil adds a presence that I haven't found in any fragrances in my memory, a Disaronno-ish, sweet-bitter savor atop the generally leathery scent.

Notes lean towards the creamy spicy variety, like the starchy violet-like orris, tonka, vanilla, amber, and cashmeran blend into a rather bright, flamboyant mix that echoes juices like 2005's Gaultier², which seems to have a parallel intent and end-result.

I'm not overly crazy about this one, as it seems a bit over the top. But it isn't foul enough to me for me to give an outright thumbs down.
24th September, 2018
Smells like wet the bed smell in the bottle. Is this Tom Ford's urine being sold to the world? Probably..

On the body it reminds one of a trustworthy reliable well established gay male, that's hairy. You feel calm, warmed and confident. But begs the question: are you that male this reminds you of?

Overall better than most other perfumes, well thought out, genius minds agreed on this scent. I wonder about the voodoo aims behind the urine smell though. This tobacco oud and jpg ultra male among others have urine smell.
09th September, 2018
What kind of sloppy seconds Hell have I stumbled upon here? Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous (2017) is nothing short of fucking ridiculous. Candied ear wax and bellybutton lint with almond pralines and leather dipped in crushed sweet tarts? Malted milk balls sprayed with coumarin to lure in the mice from the abandoned cotton candy factory next door, then crushed up with the coumarin-killed mouse carcasses and added to the composition? I really couldn't tell you here what exactly this is supposed to be, but it's not fabulous. I've heard some people say this is a combination of other Tom Ford Private Blend scents, and it very well may be for all I know, but the saving grace here is it's limited edition and will be gone soon. Even the perfumer remains hidden, and I can totally understand why somebody wouldn't want this mess on their resume. All I can say is it must be a social experiment, or maybe a jab mainstream gay culture, as this stuff is about as flamboyant, loud, tacky, and attention-hungry as they come. I've been to enough gay bars to tell ya honey, so take it from me, not even the sweet ones would be caught dead in this dreck. The last thing we want is to be reminded of our own stereotypes on a day to day minute to minute basis!

First things first: A light amaretto comes screaming out of the void in the intro spray, followed by a bitter candy shell kind of smell that reminds me too much of those candied almonds I hated getting at Easter. You get some rich natural tonka, which is also sweet, so the bittersweet melange mixes with soapy orris to make that Willy Wonka candy opening. The middle is that synthetic "cashmeran" wood note that smells like the old amber compound used by Avon had an illegitimate love child with norlimbanol "karmawood", making a scratchy-sweet Hell on Earth that smells more like a Glade plug-in scent than something made for the skin. I can take cashmeran in small doses in some scents, and own a few where it's done well, but here it's all "ayyy gurl I'm here for the cheap liquor" and I'm just like "no bitch you weren't invited". Leather and clary sage, the only two respectable notes in this nightmare, sit at the bottom and just give this a dry anchor to give your nose arrest from the olfactory rape of the top and middle. It's too little too late for me, because by the time I'm here at the leather and sage, I'm telling myself I'm only letting this thing finish so I can go and review it proper later. Never again. Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous is like Rupaul's Drag Race for the nose, but minus all the cheekiness and with double the backstage cat fights. Nope nope nope nope nope.

It's one thing to be ostensibly masculine, feminine to a fault, or some beautiful gray area in between that nobody can categorize, with just enough gender norm challenge and abstraction to get folks talking, but it's another to make a fragrance that comes across so blatantly gender-bending that you wonder if it's serious or satire. Like really, if this is meant for old Bowie-esque cross-dressing glam crowd of the 70's or big hair and spandex of the Poison and Twisted Sister type, I'd actually rather enjoy this much more, since I'm all for a little ribbing now and then. But, this is delivered so seriously, in a Tom Ford Private Blends bottle that looks like almost any other, made to be taken at face value as "Fucking Fabulous" and it just isn't. I couldn't seriously wear this any more than I could seriously wear a scent from JeremyFragrance, the YouTuber who's life mission it is to spell out what the corporate alpha dudebr0 wears from the gym to the office to his booty call's house and back. It just boils down to pandering, and really bad pandering at that, with zero redeeming value outside whatever shock the name on the bottle and salacious mess of scent inside gives you. Yuck.
03rd September, 2018
F'ing Fabulous = Italian Cypress + Tobacco Oud.

That is all you need to know.

Oh, and there is a persistent lemon pound cake note with vanilla, not unlike Lolita Lempicka L.
In fact, FF could be the Eau Intense or Absolute version of that juice.

I h*ate Tom Ford because he somehow reaches into your soul with some of his releases. For all the negative reviews, you need to just wear it a second time and voila! instant love. If you still don't like it then it's just one of those TF fragrances that doesn't connect with you. I have a few that do that for me.

Worth 2 tries ...
21st August, 2018
Fucking perfect name for a fucking fabulous fragrance. To my nose, it’s pretty fucking similar to Creed’s Silver Mountain Water; has the same sort of bright creamy sweetness to it, but with more masculine elements added in, like the leather and almond oil. Fucking versatile as well; I could see myself wearing this casually, formally, and virtually anywhere in between, but I'll definitely be saving this one for more special occasions, as it is very unique and attractive, not to mention, fucking expensive.

As a side note, I have to point out how amusing it is to see these ultra sensitive adults in our society clutching their pearls and shielding their eyes from from this horrible, horrible word that Mr Ford used to name this fragrance. Neiman Marcus here in Houston had the bottle hidden behind the counter with the "fucking" name covered with a sticker (had to ask for it specifically to sample it). I bought a bottle of Italian Cypress (a steal!) off a guy who I'm pretty sure was offloading his Tom Ford collection in protest. You’d think the word has some sort of magical powers. I see it as fucking brilliant marketing that’s probably selling loads more bottles than it would have with a more generic name. I would never have even considered buying this bottle at this price point (even at the discounted price I got it for). But, all the attention and controversy the name brought made it a must-have collector’s item for me. And it helps that really does smell fucking fabulous!
24th June, 2018 (last edited: 25th June, 2018)

Add your review of Fucking Fabulous

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND 10ML EXCLUSIVE SAKS FIFTH SPRAY

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 18:31:41 PST
Buy It Now for only: $65.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND...FUCKING FABULOUS EAU DE PARFUM 1.7 oz.

$80.00 (1 Bid)
End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 20:00:01 PST

NEW TOM FORD...FUCKING FABULOUS 50 ML EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY UNISEX NO BOX

$28.00 (10 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Nov-21-2018 7:03:38 PST

Member images of Fucking Fabulous

There are no member images of Fucking Fabulous yet. Why not be the first?