Unsettled (2017)

HouseBruno Fazzolari
PerfumerBruno Fazzolari

About Unsettled

The company say:

Unsettled is a fresh, creamy sandalwood scent with a delicious tea and pineapple accord that recalls a beach holiday. It includes an absolute of China black tea and sustainably harvested sandalwood from New Caledonia. This fragrance takes its inspiration from the history of the sandalwood and tea trade in the South Pacific, as well as from a pineapple themed perfume called "Colony" launched by the house of Jean Patou in 1938. Commissioned by the Nevada Museum of Art for the exhibition of the same name, Unsettled, is presented in the gallery in a flacon shaped like a mushroom cloud, handblown from glowing uranium glass.

Reviews of Unsettled

I'm a bit "unsettled" over this one. It's headache inducing for me. I don't think I could wear it all day again. It almost has a finger nail polish remover edge to it. Not sure if I'm suffering from allergies, or if it's this fragrance. Maybe I just picked a bad day to try this one. I'll wear it again another day to see if it improves.
05th June, 2018
I was wrapped in an exotic scent bubble (not beast mode projection but maybe 2 meters)for about 6-7 hours before it became a skin scent albeit still very present and delicious.
This one starts off very green though not a dry green its more of a herbal green. I suspect its the black tea, bergamont and sage that gives this herbal vibe and keeps it from being dry. This opening reminds me of Tea Noir 29 from Lelabo.
About 30-45 minutes into the scent it morphed into a beautiful warm slightly oud scent. The oud vibe is very faint. My suspicion is its the labdanum and sandalwood that dominates the heart of this fragrance. The body of this fragrance reminded me of 10 Corso Como. 10 Corso Como has more oud whereas this one has a more green vibe. Vanilla is listed in the notes but I did not detect it when I wore it today.
I really appreciate the artistry in this one. To open with a green herbal presence and transform into a warn slighly animalic body is just genius. I need to test more but I really enjoyed this and think it will be an excellent addition to my fragrance wardrobe.
I truly believe this will make a great Spring and Fall scent and even early summer if you live in a mild climate.
13th November, 2017
Stardate 20170911:

I was expecting greatness here after Au Dela Narcisse. And there are some flashes of it in drydown. I wish there were more than flashes.
The top is very pina-coladaish. Milky coconuty pineapple. The development is good and you get a nice creamy SW drydown.
Overall nice but I expected more.
11th September, 2017 (last edited: 14th September, 2017)

Add your review of Unsettled