Evergreen Dream (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseGallagher Fragrances
PerfumerDaniel Gallagher

About Evergreen Dream

A new-age Fougère with a twist. Green and woody, with an opening that might knock you off your feet, and a well-rounded, personal dry-down. You shouldn't need to introduce your fragrance, the fragrance should introduce you.

Evergreen Dream fragrance notes

Reviews of Evergreen Dream

Evergreen Dream starts out with a forest floor vibe. Galbanum can sometimes give me that impression. I do also smell some pine resin which brings a smile to my face. As this dries down I get a big lavender note mixed with the "amberish" ambiguity of cashmeran. That mixed with the vanilla like coumarin and musk gives this a slightly sweet soapy smell in the far dry down, but there is still the birch tar, pine, galbanum greenness lingering that are the foundation of this scent. I always want more fir and pine, but I was happy to have found any in this as some fragrances that say they contain fir, spruce or pine resin smell nothing like conifers at all. For anyone who loves conifers, I would suggest trying a sample first before investing, but it's definitely worth sampling in my opinion.
09th March, 2019
Reminds me of the green and mossy notes of Polo Green. As it dries down it becomes more soapy.

Feels more mature than most modern releases but still retains a clean scent which can be pulled off by most. Probably best as a daytime office or formal scent.

I get average projection and longevity, lasts into the 5-6 hour range.
24th September, 2018
This latest release from Gallagher Fragrances, Evergreen Dream, has all the makings of a great fragrance, and in fact reminds me of some very good ones.

It's the first entry from the house I've tried that's truly dominated by woods. Evengreen Dream's note listing is complex and long, and what it smells like to me is mainly a mix of pine resin and birch tar with some lavender and oakmoss for freshness and character, respectively. I can't say I get a ton of the galbanum or patchouli, but surely musk and cedar could be there, especially after a some hours of dry down.

It begins a bit sharper, likely due to the lime zest and grapefruit, but I don't specifically detect the juiciness of the fruit, but rather a generic sort of tang that hangs over top of the woody notes that start to emerge as the dominant accords very very quickly into wearing.

As it dries down, it's a predictably smoother, easier-to-wear blend, where the lavender factors in slightly but it's mostly the pine resin and birch tar duo, the stars of the show.

It reminds me, as Brooklyn Fragrance Lover points out, of the Tom Ford Private Blend Vert collection (Bois, Encens, etc.) in the greenness, but in its depth, it reminds me of Tom Ford Italian Cypress, perhaps some of the highest regards I can give a woody fragrance.

As with Daniel's other fragrances, Evergreen Dream performs very well and at $135 for 100ml, its pricing is agreeable, and much better than the abovementioned Tom Ford Private Blend offerings.

It only loses slight point for originality, and it's not quite as robust as the TFPBs, but it has very high value in terms of cost per ml and versatility, as it's a little more useful year-round than some of the over-the-top woody options out there.

7 out of 10
19th September, 2017

Add your review of Evergreen Dream

Shop for Evergreen Dream products online

Gallagher Fragrances Evergreen Dream 100ml/3.4oz EDP, Brand New In Box Fast Ship

End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 10:06:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $125.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

End Date: Wednesday May-22-2019 9:14:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $105.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Evergreen Dream

There are no member images of Evergreen Dream yet. Why not be the first?