Concrete (2017)

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerNicolas Beaulieu
SupplierIFF

About Concrete

Concrete is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nicolas Beaulieu

Concrete fragrance notes

Reviews of Concrete

Concrete! A compelling idea I had to test out...

CdG's Concrete smells very gourmandish. Matter of fact, it reminds me of some of the sweet pistachio desserts that I've enjoyed in Indian Cuisine: Namely, either Khulfi or Ras Malai. Both have a characteristic heavy cream scent, touched with a bit of rose water and sprinkled with spices (like cinnamon and cardamom) and toasted pistachios. Fruits may be involved, like mango or guava, inter alia.

Without even looking at the fragrance triangle above, I would classify this as an "edible" scent. The idea of any kind of concrete would NEVER enter my mind.

But looking at the notes above, I am NOT surprised with why I personally perceived a very Indian sweet-like vibe from Concrete. The fragrance notes in Concrete all create a composite dessert-like impression within me, which I find yummy; but I am not certain that I'd want to SMELL like (i.e. as if I'd SPILLED some of the Indian dessert on myself!!).

Overall, it's a pleasant scent that some would find wearable.
11th November, 2018 (last edited: 14th November, 2018)
Slight fruit, like peach, hint of rose, light cinnamon - all of those, to start. Cinnamon increases, resembling chewing gum accord. The sandalwood begins to creep in. Then I get some nutty thing going on. It's nice overall.
07th November, 2018
As far as I can tell, this might not actually accurately reproduce the 'smell' or olfactory ambience (as is it really a smell atall? but then there _really is_ a 'salt ' note!) of concrete; but I would say that it is a true quasi-petrichor fragrance (if you like), as it _does_ strongly evoke, to me anyway, rain & wetness of earth, etc. It is like Xerjoff's ~Birdie~ in that respect: in fact, I would say it's very similar to that. I haven't sampled ~Rain~ by Marc Jacobs, but it's probably similar to that also, from what I have read of it. Certainly I would say this is truly a fragrance _of that genre_. I am astonished at anyone saying that not only is it gourmandy, but a cloyingly sweet gourmand at that! I do _not_ get anything _remotely_ like that from it. No, to me, this is a bona-fide quasi-petrichor fragrance - and a good one at that!
11th April, 2018
Guerlain Samsara, made more unisex by toning down the jasmine
10th January, 2018
Here I was thinking I'd never smelled a CdG I didn't immediately love. If I'd not read the notes of this I'd swear the top was "Dill Pickle." Maybe it's the chemistry of my skin - I know enough about fragrances to know that scents can smell different depending upon ones skin chemistry. But I don't get cinnamon or cardamon or rose or sandalwood (all of which I love) in hardly anything that's listed in this one. If it were called "Dill Pickle" I would probably wear it now and again. Or rather, if someone GAVE me a full bottle I'd wear it now and again just for the shock of smelling like a pickle. After all my husband swears he smells electrical fire every time I wear 'Odeur 71', and in a weird way it makes me giggle, because I love the smell of it and I don't smell "electrical fire." Anyway, "Concrete"...it calms after 45 minutes to an hour and it smells a tad like fresh concrete but it still doesn't smell much like the listed notes. It's barely a whisper of sandalwood coming and going. It's not awful but it's just...that wisp. And it's a long road to the faintest wisp of sandalwood. I'm not sure I'd pay a hundred fifty bucks to ride that road. If I wanted to smell like sandalwood I'd just grab a cheap sandalwood oil. If you're inclined, try a sample.
07th January, 2018
"Sandalwood is shattered...a radically new scent emerging from its fractured form". That's the hype. I suppose it means some different type of sandalwood material has been used to create a special effect.

The fragrance does project some novel features, a sort of dry plaster aspect alongside the sweet sandalwood character. With some imagination, wet concrete may come to mind.

So although at first I dismissed this as another variant of Guerlain's Samsara, I have rather come to like it and agree it has a degree of originality as befits the C de G label.

For an alternative rendering of the odour of concrete and stone, you can to go to an American artisan perfume called Limestone, which is also pretty good.
03rd January, 2018 (last edited: 04th August, 2018)

Add your review of Concrete

Shop for Concrete products online

Shop for Concrete at online perfumeries

Comme Des Garcons Concrete Eau De PARFUM 2mL Sample Spray EDP

Comme des Garcons Concrete EDP Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml/2.7oz NIB

End Date: Monday Dec-24-2018 15:05:52 PST
Buy It Now for only: $143.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NEW Comme des Garcons Concrete Eau de Parfum 5ml ...EDP Pavement, Black, Avignon

End Date: Sunday Dec-30-2018 7:46:28 PST

Comme Des Garcons Concrete Perfume Eau De Parfum 2.7oz 80 Ml For Unisex

End Date: Friday Jan-11-2019 19:06:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $188.69

Member images of Concrete

There are no member images of Concrete yet. Why not be the first?