Vio-Volta (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseD.S. & Durga
PerfumerDavid Moltz

About Vio-Volta

Vio-Volta is a shared / unisex perfume by D.S. & Durga. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Moltz

Vio-Volta fragrance notes

Reviews of Vio-Volta

I'm torn on this fragrance. On the one hand I love how unusual it is. I've really never smelled anything like it before. On the other hand, I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I definitely get hints of chemical warehouse coming from this scent. It's as if I have been working at some strange factory all day and the scent followed me home. Do I like smelling it, yes. Would I buy a bottle and wear it everyday, I don't think so.
23rd February, 2019
Shycat Show all reviews
Right-o, thekelleybelle, this is a dirty, animalic violet. I don't get any sense of wetness that would call up the Dead Marshes, but if we are going for LotR's reference, I'd say Frodo and Sam resting on the rock outside of Mount Doom, the fumes of a molten ring of power still clinging, old sweat washed off by new, and contrasting with their natural hobbit freshness.

There's a great deal of settling down in the first 30-45 minutes, and by an hour and half the startle factor recedes to reveal a warm and comforting base--Aha, the eagles are here.

I call it absolutely masculine, too sexy for church, and I have a specific image of the wearer-- late spring, suited up for the office, but reminding everyone there's muscle under that gabardine. I give a wholehearted thumbs up.

03rd September, 2018
The first spritz of Vio-Volta brought with it the acrid smell of a green weed coated with Roundup right after it's been pulled from the soil. Not fresh garden soil, though, more like a dank, overly moist soil infected with bacteria. The dry down smells like what Frodo probably smelled like after he fell into the Dead Marshes, but after his clothes dried and stiffened.

Way too dirty for my taste but could work for either gender if this is your kind of thing.

EDIT: After testing Mona di Oro's Violette Fumée, I think Vio Volta is basically a rancid, almost metallic VF. Worth trying if you appreciate a challenge, but you've been warned!
22nd April, 2018 (last edited: 05th May, 2018)

Add your review of Vio-Volta

Shop for Vio-Volta products online

Vio-Volta by D.S.& Durga 1.7 oz Women's Eau De Parfum NEW IN SEALED BOX

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 12:47:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $127.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

D.S. & Durga VIO-VOLTA Eau de Parfum 100ml 3.4oz “NO BOX”

End Date: Saturday May-11-2019 10:42:39 PDT

D.S.& Durga Vio-Volta Eau De Parfum 1.7oz/50ml New In Box

End Date: Wednesday May-15-2019 13:30:46 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $124.99

Member images of Vio-Volta

There are no member images of Vio-Volta yet. Why not be the first?