Under My Skin (2017)

HouseFrancesca Bianchi
PerfumerFrancesca Bianchi

About Under My Skin

The company say:

The name comes from a conversation with an artist, who told me this scent looks like coming out from the skin, and not being sprayed on. And actually it matched with this personal interpretation of the animalic theme: not loud but whispered, an elegant powdery leathery one, more human than animalic.

Reviews of Under My Skin

There is one review of Under My Skin.
It’s criminal that this perfume hasn’t garnered a single review as yet – an oversight that must be corrected immediately.
Under My Skin belongs to a perfume family that I often have issues with – the leathers. They can tire my nose; they can make me smell unwashed; they can try too hard (revved up with spices); they can say to me: ‘Seek your pleasure elsewhere’. So good ‘uns are always cause for celebration.
Bianchi’s intention was to work on an animalic theme that was not too loud, more human animal than the beastie variety – and she gives us a perfume that is leather and yet like a second skin, dabbed with soft powders, with just small traces of salt to suggest previous exertions and rude health and with the most amazing bloom of orris at its heart, whose mild yet pervasive fatty sweetness is glimpsed fully at the opening and then merges back into the composition providing a steady, reassuring pulse. And then there’s ambergris – probably responsible for that lick of salt, but also a perfect complement to the orris, its glow subtly suffuses everything.
Under My Skin is a perfume that harmonizes perfectly with one’s skin, even reminiscent of its odour, and yet it’s a complex creation, silky smooth and full of suggestion. I particularly admire the gorgeous milky sandalwood that is by now so unfamiliar in perfumery, where more raspy avatars of this noble wood are the norm. There’s the gentle spicing supporting the main floral note – the naturally spicy carnation – and an array of balsams carefully deployed.
Under My Skin is the scent of human closeness, of touching, of lying next to a loved one, of the gentle caress rather than the carnal heave. Admittedly towards the end of the day, the resinous base becomes more evident as some of the other notes die back, as does the salt, bringing in a sultry aspect after all. Nonetheless, I commend it to you.

07th February, 2019

Add your review of Under My Skin

Shop for Under My Skin products online

Francesca Bianchi Under My Skin 30ml Extrait New Authentic Fast from Finescents!

End Date: Tuesday Dec-24-2019 23:31:33 PST