Lanz (2017)

PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Lanz

Limited run of 33 bottles

Reviews of Lanz

I find this to be one of the most incredible fragrances produced byJosh Lobb. While perhaps not my very favourite, it is certainly in the top three and one I find fascinating and unusual every time I wear it. Boronia is an extraordinary flower fragrance in the Australian bush and some of the refernce notes of the flower are captured in Lanz. The most interesting aspect of Lanz is how far from boronia Josh as pulled the rest of the perfume. The first time I wore this fragrance, it struck me how clever and skilful lot's composing becoming. I understand the there will be ms
any men and women will be challenged by work such as Lanz.

Boronioa and Blue Lotus (a traditional aphrodisiac) are difficult notes to work with due to their strength and dominant natures - in Lanz they are part payers on a grand stage and do not dominate. The rest of the notes are similarly high quality and the overall fragrance never gets overwhelmed. Josh once again proves there is magic to be unearthed yet in this world. The special quality transcends simple male/female boundaries that many user thing go a meaningful. When wearing Lanz I cannot stop smelling myself and have as a man received compliments for both other males and females.

A breathtaking and groundbreaking masterpiece.
02nd December, 2018 (last edited: 04th December, 2018)
Almost a thumbs up for this one. I find it similar to Baque, a sweet oriental, but with an extra bug spray note. It smells so intentional, there's an indie hipness to it.

As it develops, the bug spray smell fades, and it's a nice, warm fragrance. It reminds me a little of the smell of a scented candle, although this smell would make an especially good scented candle.
26th September, 2018
Of all the frags I've tried from this house, Lanz is out of place and doesn't fit their DNA. It's actually a pretty awful fragrance. I can't even describe it, it's so bad. I will update this review with some details. This is definitely a women's fragrance and I can't imagine any man wearing this.
13th August, 2018