Vaporocindro (2017)

HouseJanuary Scent Project
PerfumerJohn Biebel

About Vaporocindro

The company say:

A wood, spice, and flower vapor perfume.

Vaporocindro fragrance notes

Reviews of Vaporocindro

There is one review of Vaporocindro.
Like its three house siblings, Vaporocindro is utterly unlike anything else I've ever smelled. Each stage of development is so pronounced, and so different from its predecessor, that it makes for quite a rollercoaster of a ride.

The lilac and green apple are prominent co-stars, but only in the opening 20 minutes. You'd think that would make for a juicy start, but it's surprisingly dry, and I liked it a lot. I was scared about the narcissus in the heart because that's a headachey floral for me, but between the turmeric and black pepper, that stage is more about the spice than the daffodil, and has a more herbal/medicinal effect than floral. (It smells more of raw turmeric tubers than of the dry powdered spice.) And by 'medicinal' I don't mean anything negative, but more like something soothing that would smell 'good for you', in the way that chamomile or horehound does.

It takes about two hours for the drydown to kick in, and it's a far gentler affair than those bold listed notes would imply. The cumin and coffee make a surprisingly pleasant, almost cozy combination (nothing armpitty here), and personally I don't detect oud. It's woody, yes, but nothing like those Everlasting Gobstopper Woody Aromachemicals that are so ubiquitous nowadays, and it has the good grace to just gently fade away after 7 or 8 hours instead of staggering on forever like the norlimbanol/ambroxan monsters.

Like all the January scents I've tried, it's very creative and interesting in its development. I'm still deciding whether it's wearable for me, and I do think I might prefer to smell it on a male.

One other thing: I usually detest market-speak like "flower vapor", but in this case that phrase seems apt. The florals here (lilac, narcissus) actually are vaporous, the way that a bouquet might scent a steamy room as opposed to mashing your nose into the the heart of a flower. A result, I suspect, of masterful blending.
22nd December, 2017

Add your review of Vaporocindro

Shop for Vaporocindro products online

Search Amazon for Vaporocindro

Member images of Vaporocindro

There are no member images of Vaporocindro yet. Why not be the first?