Replica Music Festival (2017)
by Martin Margiela

Replica Music Festival information

Year of Launch2017

HouseMartin Margiela
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Replica Music Festival

Replica Music Festival is a shared / unisex perfume by Martin Margiela. The scent was launched in 2017

Replica Music Festival fragrance notes

Reviews of Replica Music Festival

Music Festival by Maison Martin Margiela smells like amber-y weed that I remember from the 90s—slightly sweet and powdery. IMO, today’s weed is very green and bred to be strong, which results in a scent profile that would be tough to wear. Music Festival is easy to wear, especially if one is into woody fragrances. It does not smell like a dupe of Fille en Aiguilles, but it is similar enough; I would recommend MF to fans of FeA. When comparing the two fragrances, FeA has a dominant balsam fir note, while MF has more smoke/patchouli/weed/leather and a touch of waxy iris. FeA is slightly sweeter with candied fruit and gin and tonic—it makes me feel attractive, while MF feels slightly edgy. I would definitely reach for this fragrance if I owned a full bottle.

4/5 Recommended to people into incense or woody fragrances
30th December, 2019
Much to my surprise, this is my absolute favourite of the ten scents in the Replica Memory Box. I didn’t care for it when I sniffed it straight from the bottle—seemed too incense-y. But on application, the most wonderful things happened: first, a very fleeting note of apple, then a bit of the incense, then a subtle patchouli with hints of wood that developed into the most complex, lovely fragrance on my skin. I can’t really detect the cannabis, or at least if it’s there it’s not what I expect cannabis to smell like.

These are not at all the kind of notes I usually like, and I’m blown away—in a good way. I am actually thinking of splurging for, if not a full sized bottle, definitely a 10 mL travel spray. As you can tell, this stuff has really bewitched me.
14th November, 2019
The apple note was an odd choice; it lends a sour sweetness that does no favors for the composition. The patchouli smells a bit like chocolate, like in gourmand scents like Animale Animale. The 'bud' is one imagined by a perfumer who has never indulged, but once rode in a car with a friend who did. Not terrible, but very disingenuous. Buy this if you want to smell like a chocolate-coated apple in a leather jacket.
18th March, 2019
Right out of the gate with this one I get a blast of apple, followed by the cannabis accord, which to my nose smells smokey, a bit sweet, and also smells reminiscent of some other aromatic green herbs. I find it to be an interesting note, and one of my all time favorite's (Black Afgano) uses the note as well, although to much greater effect.

As it starts to dry down, the apple moves to the background and is replaced by a hint of pipe tobacco, burning incense, and patchouli. However, to my nose, the cannabis is still the main player here. Later, Cypress comes in to play, which along with the Cannabis makes this fragrance quite green to my nose. I also detect some brown suede in the background which adds a nice base to the scent. However, I didn't see Leather listed as a note on the MM website, so perhaps my nose is playing tricks on me.

The performance on this one is average for me. The sillage isn't really all that strong (although perhaps that's a good thing *wink wink*); the scent lasts about 6 hours on my skin.

Overall, I actually really enjoyed this one. I'm not sure if it actually smells like Woodstock, and frankly, I don't really care as it smells quite nice. However, I still think this one is more of a novelty than anything else; I'm not really sure how often I would wear this (if at all) if I owned a bottle. While it smells good, I would prefer to smell this one via a candle rather than via perfume.
13th December, 2018
According to a family friend who actually attended Woodstock, it smelled like this: unwashed bodies, dirt and mud, musk, excrement and urine from the backed up port-a-johns, cheap beer and wine. LSD was more prolific than pot.

This is a 'fantasy' recreation based on poorly researched stereotyping of the music festival movement in the 60's. The sample clung to everything it touched, why anyone would desire to smell this or smell like it is beyond my comprehension. I wanted to burn my clothing after sampling this to rid myself of it.
26th November, 2018

Add your review of Replica Music Festival

Shop for Replica Music Festival products online

Maison Martin Margiela Replica Sample Lot~Beach Walk, Music Festival

End Date: Tuesday Jan-21-2020 13:38:34 PST
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Lot of (4) Maison Martin Margiela Replica Music Festival Eau De Toilette Samples

End Date: Tuesday Jan-21-2020 13:38:35 PST

Maison Martin Margiela Paris Replica 5 ml / 0.16 oz Mini Travel Size Spray

End Date: Tuesday Feb-18-2020 11:14:25 PST
Buy It Now for only: $18.99

Member images of Replica Music Festival

There are no member images of Replica Music Festival yet. Why not be the first?