Prakt (2017)

HouseSvensk Parfym
PerfumerHenrik Lestréus

About Prakt

The company say:

Prakt was created with inspiration from the uniqueness of Swedish countryside gardens and the amazing fragrances that awaken when the sun re-emerges after an intense summer rain.

Reviews of Prakt

Greenish, black current. Fresh, delightful, almost autumnal fruit. No sweetness. Crisp. Well combined berries, apple, and rhubarb. Slight spice to the apple wood.

There is an outdoorsy aspect to Prakt. A rain event. Watery but, not aquatic. It's more like lake water. A lake with a calm shoreline. I enjoy this one. It's different without being weird. It remains "light green", fruit is pale later, wateriness subsides.
11th January, 2019
I’d like to first thank Svensk Parfym for the opportunity to test their first six fragrances.

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy Prakt, as I usually struggles with the two prominent notes here - blackcurrant and blackcurrant leaves: the intense greenness of the blackcurrant leaves in Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau is too fierce for my taste, while the jammy sweetness of blackcurrant in many fruity gourmand fragrances is too overwheming for my liking. But in Prakt, the crunchy, vibant vegetal greenness and the ripe (yet not jammy at all) musky sweetness of blackcurrant and its leaves, along with the earthy tartness of rhubarb, are in perfect balance. And the fragrance really conjures a vivid image of fresh berries and rhubarb to me!

Prakt turns slightly more woody in the dry down and loses a bit of the dewy feeling in the opening, but it mostly remains this natural, realistic fresh berries and lush vegetations throughout its development and never disintegrate into an abstract clean white musk like so many green fragrances with a promising opening do. I sometimes detect a tomato leaf note, mostly because the vegetal, slightly earthy and wet soil-like greenness and fruity tart-sweetness have minor variation in proportions. If I spray a larger quantity on one sport, there's also a slight burnt note that I encountered and struggled with in certain blackcurrant-heavy fragrances, but it doesn't bother me that much as long as I don't indulge myself too much with the spray.

Prakt has a moderate sillage and lasts about 9 hours on my skin.

I agree with many previous reviews that Prakt is a very evocative fragrance perfectly capturing the joy of picking berries and rhubarb in a lush garden at the end of summer. I've been searching on and off for a green blackcurrant fragrance that has the natural lush greenness but not too forceful, has the mouthwatering musky sweetness of the berries but not too sugary, and remains layered and engaging without falling apart into a nebulous clean laundry base. Prakt is pretty close to my ideal blackcurrant fragrance. Based on my personal experience with Prakt, I would highly recommend it to fans of blackcurrant and green fragrances.
02nd June, 2018

Add your review of Prakt

Shop for Prakt products online

Prakt By Svensk Parfym (Svensk Parfum) EDP Eau de Parfum Spray ~ 30 ml ~ NEW

End Date: Friday Apr-26-2019 14:20:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $101.96
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Discovery Set by Svensk Parfym (Svensk Parfum) ~ Prakt, Stilla, Virke (3 x 5 mL)

End Date: Friday Apr-26-2019 20:16:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $59.35
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Prakt

There are no member images of Prakt yet. Why not be the first?