Russian Musk (2018)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseAreej le Doré
PerfumerRuhi Patel

About Russian Musk

Classical chypre, full of fresh, foresty notes, driven by furry animalic character, with a touch of florals and an unmistakable piney, Russian feel. An update of Siberian Musk.

Reviews of Russian Musk

Genre: Oriental/Chypre

I’ve said elsewhere that I enjoy Russian Adam’s fragrances more for their exquisite content than for their composition, per se, and Russian Musk is no exception. In terms of structure, there is nothing here that strikes me as especially novel or intriguing. Indeed, the style seems so determinedly retro to me that I might not be able to distinguish Russian Musk amidst a lineup of vintage early 20th century orientals preserved in good condition.

Given what goes into this stuff, that still leaves plenty to enjoy. Russian Adam’s art seems to me less in combining than extracting superb materials, and I enjoy his work to the degree that the compositions do not get in the way of their contents. Russian Musk is a dense, complex fragrance, but not so much so that the ingredients are muted or muddled in their expression. I have a sense that this is what a solid, if “ordinary” fragrance might have smelled like in the days when things like natural deer musk, floral extracts, and real ambergris were the common currency of perfumery. I’ll never know, but I’ll enjoy Russian Musk when I’m in the mood for nostalgia.

Fantastic and very extended drydown, by the way…
03rd July, 2018
My comparison to this stuff, I choose PG L'Ombre Fauve.

This gorgeous stuff dries down to a Mammalian Animalic
similiar.

Where the PG suggests, this stuff shouts out loud.

Where the PG turns to the cleanliness, this stuff heads down the path of the soiled.

They both purr.

The PG like a coiff-ed domestic.

This stuff is like a shaggy Siberian (Amur).

This, is....the Stuff.
04th May, 2018

Add your review of Russian Musk

Shop for Russian Musk products online

Areej Le Dore Russian Musk extrait de parfum 50mL BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC USA SELLER

End Date: Sunday Jan-13-2019 7:24:06 PST