Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense (2018)
by Chanel

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense information

Year of Launch2018

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

The company say:

An extreme, luminous and deep concentration of Patchouli infuses COCO MADEMOISELLE EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE with a voluptuous dimension. The warm, soft and feminine Amber accord — an intoxicating blend of Tonka Bean and Vanilla from Madagascar — wraps the scent in sensuality.

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

I owned a decant of this but recently purchased the smallest bottle available because I tested this once or twice and told myself it was a nicer version of the original. After a fresh wearing I think Iíve changed my mind. I am someone who adores the original Coco Mademoiselle eau de parfum, and I enjoy the sporty citrus bite that one has in the top notes. I get three distinct tiers of scent and great sillage that lasts all day.

With this one I get a blast of amber and patchouli straight out the gate. Theyíve stripped away the citrus and I donít get a twang from the rose+jasmine combo that seems almost standard in Chanel Perfumes, and for that reason this almost seems like another houseís rendition of CM. You know what this reminds me of? Miss Dior (2011-2012) version. I still like this one but I really miss that fruity floral pinch that only Chanel seems to master evoking an air of sophistication out of.

Iím giving this the thumbs up rating because itís still a great fragrance by itself, but my personal preference is for the original. Many people seem to be turned off by the citrus bite in that one so if you find yourself wishing that regular CM dialed that back and skipped straight to its patchouli rich drydown, this one is the better choice for you. But because this one has patchouli from start to finish, if you are not crazy about that note you could get sick of this fragrance after a few hours.

Luckily for that reason this fragrance starts out with great projection and sillage, but slowly dwindles down with wear time. After a few hours I can only detect it when I wave my arms close to my nose (where I applied the fragrance). Total wear time was 8 hours with the last two being very close to the skin. On me the original actually performs about twice as strong as that so this is less impressive to me by comparison but itís nothing to snark at if youíre used to weaker scents.

Not my favorite but I can see why itís the preferred fragrance of the line by many people and could see this one doing much better in the current market with the multitude of other sweet patchouli bombs. Itís just missing that Ďsomethingí for me that I consider a Chanel fragrance signature if you will. And I couldnít specifically put my finger on what that signature is... but I know whatever it is is missing here and itís missed by me. I probably wonít repurchase once my tiny bottle is used up, but as long as they donít tamper any further with my EDP, Iíll keep buying and recommending that one.
02nd March, 2019
Well, I finally stopped by Macy's today and tested CMI. As many reviewers have said, it is very close to CM EdP. The biggest difference is that the citrus has been toned down in the Intense formulation, and that makes it a bit smoother. At least that is the main difference as far as I am concerned. I cannot tease out notes of amber, tonka, vanilla, or even rose, but I could identify it blindfolded as CM. Personally, I like it more than CM EdP simply because the citrus is so much less stringent.

Re performance, projection and sillage are very good. Longevity seems to be quite good, too. For the price point, it is a good fragrance with better than average performance. In fact, it out performs my recently purchased Frederic Malle fragrances by a mile. (Make of that what you will.)

However, if I wanted to recommend a Chanel fragrance to someone, excluding the exclusives, I would recommend both Coco EdT and Coco EdP over any version of Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is certainly a nice fragrance, but there are so many nicer fragrances from which to choose. It is worth testing in any case.

Fragrance: 7/10

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle 6.8 oz And 3.4 oz EDP Mademoiselle Intense 3.4 oz EDP

End Date: Thursday Apr-25-2019 19:23:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $480.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP INTENSE Spray 0.05 oz 1.5 ml Sample Vial X 2 Pcs.

End Date: Friday Apr-26-2019 7:48:41 PDT

$51.00 (2 Bids)
End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 3:26:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $85.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Intense 3.4 oz/ 100 ml,new,sealed, in box

$73.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 11:30:51 PDT

New Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP INTENSE Sample Spray 1.5ml / 0.05oz

End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 15:52:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $10.99

Member images of Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

There are no member images of Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense yet. Why not be the first?

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense News