Tempo (2018)

Year of Launch2018

PerfumerOlivier Prescheux
Parent CompanyManzanita

About Tempo

Tempo is a shared / unisex perfume by Diptyque. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Prescheux

Reviews of Tempo

There is one review of Tempo.
Tempo is foremost a patchouli fragrance on my skin, albeit an exceptionally gentle one at that. Upon spraying, the spicy, medicinal and woody aspects of patchouli are there, but they feel so soft and tender that I start to imagine a baby patchouli if there ever was one. The creamy and gently powdered cacao nuance also makes an appearance, which further stretches the innocent feeling of this patchouli.

Although I love patchouli in general, I very often gravitate towards those more earthy, darker, bitter chocolate type of interpretations of this fantastically complex note. And when the patchouli is stripped clean and appears bright in mood, I tend to find them too sweet for my taste. Thanks to the overall gentleness of Tempo, I didn't find its sweetness unbearable to me, but not far though.

Thankfully, the sage and maté soon come to rescue, subduing the fruity sweetness of pink pepper with their herbal and slightly bitter aroma. Tempo then remains this occasionally medicinal and woody-cacao, but mostly herbal patchouli skin scent until the end. Although the fragrance is not dense, it projects moderately. The longevity is around 8 hours on me.

I personally don't care much about Tempo because of my own preferences regarding patchouli in perfumery. However, being one of the most mild patchouli fragrances that I smelt, Tempo might be a quite friendly start point to further explore patchouli, or an unobtrusive patchouli for daily routine thanks to it retaining the quiet elegance of modern Diptyque fragrances.
06th March, 2018

Add your review of Tempo

Shop for Tempo products online

Search Amazon for Tempo

Member images of Tempo

There are no member images of Tempo yet. Why not be the first?