L'Oudh (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About L'Oudh

L'Oudh is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Reviews of L'Oudh

Witches' Sabbath (The Great He-Goat)by Francisco Goya 1821 1823
18th September, 2018
If you are a true Oud lover, this may be for you. I'm not, so this was a pass for me.I gave this a neutral because I didn't want be bias against it because I wasn't a big oud fan. Slightly dirty oud that has above average projection and longevity. If it was more floral, I may have liked this one more.
29th April, 2018
The first few times I wore L’Oudh, I wondered why it wasn’t called L’Vetiver, as a lovely, deep and sonorous vetiver seemed to be the star of the show. Vetiver is a noble perfumery ingredient in its own right, whose full range of expressiveness is rarely explored, but it comes at a much humbler price.
Perhaps my 5 ml sample was still maturing and hadn’t quite reached its full potential, but I am happy to report now that there is a good deal more than vetiver to this offering. While I find it still lacks the hypnotic quality that I long for in a good oud, it compensates with a heart-of-the-wood experience that seems completely natural and unforced. If you love woody perfumes, this is one you must try.
L’Oudh has a moreish mouldy and humid aspect to it during the first couple of hours, bittersweet, which complements the smokier side of the composition well. It has layer upon layer of woody tones, creamy soft like some sandalwood oils, sharp and sweetish like some cedars, the salt tang of vetiver along with its earthier aspects, a pepperiness in common to some other ouds, shade upon shade they both comfort and tease the wearer. I don’t sense the musky, beasty notes here and don’t really miss them.
I find L’Oudh has a moderate projection and comes into its own much better in warmer weather. It’s a kind of meditation on wood – and true to the nature of a meditation, while the experience is in constant flux (plenty of variation in the woody tones) the focus remains singular.
The later stages are somewhat less compelling for me as the wood becomes more sunbleached and salty. If you love perfumes in the vein of Sel de Vetiver, this will still float your boat.
18th April, 2018

Add your review of L'Oudh

Shop for L'Oudh products online

Shop for L'Oudh at online perfumeries

Tauer Perfumes L'OUDH 1.5ml By Andy Tauer Travel Sample spray - RARE NICHE

Tauer Perfumes 2x L'OUDH & Au Coeur Du Desert 1.5ml Andy Tauer L’air Marocain 2

End Date: Wednesday Apr-17-2019 13:08:58 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $23.99

Member images of L'Oudh

There are no member images of L'Oudh yet. Why not be the first?