And The World Is Yours (2018)
by A Lab on Fire for LuckyScent

PerfumerDominique Ropion
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyShaping Room

About And The World Is Yours

A limited edition fragrance celebrating the 15th anniversary of Luckyscent.

And The World Is Yours fragrance notes

Reviews of And The World Is Yours

“Ash, I’ve asked you before and I’m not repeating myself.”
“Asked me what before?”, an absent minded mumble, she is sitting by the window, the sea breeze is by degrees warm with off and on nip of cold: autumn is on the horizon. But the salty air still doesn’t override the perfume wafting his way.
“You know I simply don’t like that smell.”
“What smell... ah, you can smell the perfume already, but I just sprayed it.” He comes closer and against his better judgement takes a deep breath.
“Ash, I hate that throat choking feel of orange blossom.” The baritone voice goes even deeper for the last phrase. She finally looks up at him, her eyes smile but her mouth remains silent.
“Yes, it is that bad.”
“Alexis”, just that and then, “but it doesn’t start that overwhelming orange blossom way, here try it... can you smell the iron rust like zing... no, no! It’s not that bad”, when he grimaces.
“See, it’s like before an operatic aria, there can be a misleading loud harmonic signal.... you want to say, is it going to be a de capo? Hmm, just like that a good perfumer never makes the opening too enticing, he makes it intriguing!”
“It’s weird, rusty sharp, then almost hay like.”
“ Patience is a virtue, I might add, especially when dealing with perfumes.”
“What’s it called?”
“No, I’m not telling you the name, you will give me grief over it.”
He grabs her arm and has the silver foil packet and small bottle in his hand, reads the name and his winged eyebrows arch even higher towards his widow’s peak, and says “Really?”
Her laughter is gurgling, the scent is changing already. She drags the bottle away and him towards the table set for the tea.
“ You will have tea with me?”
“ Yes dear, I will have tea with you.”
She laughs again, his resigned tone is almost ticklish. She stirs honey and ruffles the jasmine flowers in the water bowl.
As the sun goes down, the melancholic silence that always heralds the evening twilight deepens, he comes and crouches beside her seat, “So, is the cadenza any good?”
She smiles, “Oh, but it is glorious, it is all the best of orange blossom pouring it’s heart out.”
He puts his face to her arm and keeps it buried there.
27th March, 2019
A gorgeous, opulent & very diffusive orange blossom scent, which smells immediately familiar to me. I cannot put my finger on why, until I remember reading that some reviewers find this to be in the same ball park as Alien, another of Ropion's creations. Yes, this is like Alien, but done with orange blossom, instead of jasmine. Others have compared it to Seville a l'Aube (which I also own & love), but this is texturally different: it's more rounded, smooth & warm, without that fresh, almost sharp edge that Seville has. There is sweetness here as it dries down, provided by notes of honey, heliotrope & tonka, but it's not a heavy, syrupy sweetness as found in Lutens' Fleur d'Oranger. Instead, the heart is beautifully balanced by neroli, which prevents the sweetness from overwhelming the orange blossom in its starring role. There's no further development, but one spray of this extrait is still going softly after eleven hours.
I have no regrets whatever on this blind buy, I just wish the bottle came with a cap. I hope it doesn't evaporate, because I wouldn't want to have to use up something this special too quickly.
07th December, 2018
WOW! This is just gorgeous, as I expected! Mr. Ropion is one of my favorite noses; I own several of his creations and love them all. The neroli and spices are perfectly blended, and the vanilla musk brings everything together beautifully. Sillage is excellent....it's actually projecting a bit louder than I usually prefer....but it's not overwhelming. This is NOT daytime/office perfume, at least in my world. This is evening, date night, claim your own Oscar in a ballgown perfume. Beautiful! PS. It's time to sample more of A Lab on Fire's scents! I love "What We Do in Paris is Secret"....it's time to sample 'em all!
11th May, 2018

Add your review of And The World Is Yours

Shop for And The World Is Yours products online

A Lab On Fire And The World Is Yours Extrait de Parfum 10ml 0.34oz

End Date: Tuesday May-28-2019 12:24:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of And The World Is Yours

There are no member images of And The World Is Yours yet. Why not be the first?