Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme (2018)
by Dolce & Gabbana

Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme information

Year of Launch2018

HouseDolce & Gabbana

About Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme

Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2018

Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme

Sometimes I feel bad for being perhaps less-picky or "discerning" as the hoity-toity segment might say, giving a vastly greater number of positive reviews to neutral or negative ones. I have a wide palette, and I enjoy both challenging and easy-going scents, expensive or cheap. Hell, I don't even care if you use plastic bottles (hello Pinaud), so long as there's no perceivable dip in my enjoyment. However, scents like Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Italian Zest Pour Homme (2018) not only come across like reciting a long-winded name of a race horse only to deliver an astonishingly plain product inside, but can't even be true to their own name by giving an experience that at least matches their description. I went in expecting a zesty fragrance in the Italian style, thinking maybe Dolce & Gabbana got their s**t together and blended in the Light Blue Pour Homme (2007) base with the bright amalfi lemon and tangy herbs of glorious past Italian masculines like Versace L'Homme (1984) or Gianfranco Ferré for Man (1987). Hell, even the Italian-by-proxy Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo (1984) was a really good presentation of the aesthetic and could have given D&G a good reference point, but nope. Nada. Zilch. Negative. Instead, we get what is basically lemon Pellegrino on top of Light Blue Pour Homme, with what little sweetness the original had sucked completely out. If this sold for $15 out of an Avon catalog as a quirky cheap summer thrill, I'd be giving it a thumbs up, but since they want prices only a few dollars away from Chanel for this, I'm highly displeased.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Italian Zest Pour Homme (gesundheit) starts with grapefruit, manadarin, lemon, no... that's not right. It smells like lemon S. Pellegrino sparkling water tastes so let's not sugar-coat it. Even the salesperson at Nordstrom warned me it smells like "lemon Italian soda", to which I couldn't believe and had to spray. Sure enough, that initial reaction was one of disbelief and laughter as we were both covered in a cloud of evervescent lemon. After that, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Italian Zest Pour Homme (let me catch my breath) moves into "freshie 101" territory by using garden-variety heart notes that lead me to believe this was a college thesis for somebody who graduated from Givaudan School of Perfumery bought up by D&G for a cheap summer quickie. Juniper, rosemary, Sichuan pepper, and rosewood yawn into each other to form a genetic piquant "meh" which sandwiches our lemon soda to the standard Light Blue Pour Homme base of incense, musk, and a sliver of oakmoss. I wasn't too keen on the original Light Blue Pour Homme either as it too was very boring and with extremely poor performance, yet commanded top designer dollar alongside Diors and Hermès selections. And hey, some others in this price point can have weak sillage and poor longevity too, like Eau d'Orange Verte (1979), but at least they're interesting. With Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Italian Zest Pour Homme, we have a poor-performing but harmless aquatic transformed into something laughably absurd. If you were trying to get a chuckle out of me D&G, mission accomplished. Well done. Bravo.

I'm sure the novelty factor of this is enough for some people to enjoy, and if I came across it cheaply, I might toss a bottle in the back of a dark oubliette somewhere to bring out when I want to play a gag on my friends, but as it is, this stuff is a serious waste of cash and time for both the person who wears it, the person who composed it, and the house who commissioned it's creation. When one factors in other flankers like Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso (2015) and Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men Grey (2018), a picture is painted of Dolce & Gabbana being a house deathly afraid to move beyond their past pillars but also not really knowing where to go next in order to retain some clout in the rapid-fire relevance game the mid-tier designer male fragrance segment has become, presenting choices which are "safe yet different" to everyone's chagrin. I mean look at how hard their attempt at a niche-level collection flopped... Anyway, one thing is for certain, and that's this Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme flanker has about as much Italian zest as a pint of gellato bought from the grocery store. I really hope they can at least bang out something new and more interesting than this, even if it has to be another flanker, because as it stands, the most noteworthy masculines from the house are a minimum decade old, and I'm not even a hardline vintage guy. Sorry, can't even give this one a neutral, but at least it proves that I don't actually like everything I smell, if that was ever in question from the start. Hard pass.
05th October, 2018
Smells a lot like D&G Light Blue with a bit more citrus and a nice mandarin note added. May be a future purchase when the price drops. 7.5/10
02nd July, 2018
A distant cousin of Azzaro Chrome...horrific...at least to my nose. Totally artificial and chemical...gave it ample time to 'settle-in' and dry down with no significant improvement. I could not detect even ONE note as listed..Simply a chemical mess with no redeeming value..I'll pass...
17th May, 2018
An interesting flanker of D&G Light Blue. Whereas several other flankers of LB have explored the aquatic, seaside quality of the original, this one capitalzes on the lemony fruity aspects, accented by spices (pepper, juniper, rosemary) and sitting atop a warm wood-incense-musk foundation.

Truly, I had the sensation of sniffing a cup of Sanpellegrino Limonata Sparkling Soda throughout the time I had worn this! That really was pleasant and intensified my enjoyment of this credible D&G Light Blue flanker. :-)

Lasts a fairly long time on my skin, and I love its energizing character. Bravo, D&G!
04th May, 2018 (last edited: 05th December, 2018)

Add your review of Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme

DOLCE & GABBANA LIGHT BLUE ITALIAN ZEST EDT POUR HOMME 4.2 oz NEW IN BOX-TESTER

End Date: Tuesday Mar-12-2019 22:21:07 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $75.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DOLCE&GABBANA Men Light Blue Italian Zest Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Spray 4.2OZ

End Date: Friday Mar-15-2019 13:57:26 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $76.95

Member images of Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme

There are no member images of Light Blue Italian Zest pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?