LX48 (2017)

About LX48

LX48 is a masculine fragrance by Caswell-Massey. The scent was launched in 2017

LX48 fragrance notes

Reviews of LX48

I agree with everything Redneck said in his review except I think I can provide a point of comparison. It reminds me of Masque Milano's Monte Cristo, but with the musks dialed back. I love Monte Cristo but I must confess I find LX48 more wearable in different situations. Monte Cristo is both very formal and very sexual. LX48 is a bit more of a handsome friendly gentleman, as opposed to Monte Cristo's billionaire up for an orgy in a luxury hotel vibe.
16th July, 2018
LX.48
Let perfume coordinates
Wrap this universe.

My huge, multi-paragraph Basenotes review can be found here, in a thread about this scent when it launched:

Selected paragraphs:

I'm not sure I would recommend a blind buy on LX48, for people who get any regret from blind buys that don't click. It's a real roll of the dice, because my first impression is that there is nothing out there like it. When they say "unique", they really mean it. And when they say "niche", they mean that, too. I am having a very hard time coming up with a good description, though I will do my best. I'm glad I bought it, but I think it's not a scent for impatient personalities. It has to grow on you. You have to come to the scent - to learn how to love it. It will not come to you. It has to be appreciated simply for what it is, without apology. Also, experimenting with application may be critical. People who expect to spray it on by some routine and it must work that way or money will be demanded back, will likely demand their money back. It's a grower. Don't give it a chance to grow, it won't.

In fact, of the four notes they list (tobacco, leather, cedar and oakmoss), I can detect every one of them, and yet none of them are so prominent that I would want to CALL it a leather, a chypre, a woody or a tobacco scent. They all contribute to a well-blended whole.

One of the first things I noticed - which is not listed anywhere - is incense. In fact, it immediately reminded me of Neil Morris and his crafty use of incense to mimic all sorts of things, though much more subtle. What I'm reading as incense may actually be dry and mineralic facets of the cedar, or there could be incense, but whatever it is, it's noticeable and pleasing.

If I had to describe the scent, it would be "ambient old-school luxury". I think the brief that is used in marketing is definitely what they were trying to achieve in the fragrance, while hiding any prominence of any of the components or accords they used to achieve it. It's basically hints of fine things - wood paneling and floors - leather furniture - vague tobacco - old perfumes - all kind of swirled together into a pleasant whole - a "place" that smells good. It isn't a standard niche perfume - it's more like Dans Tes Bras for an old gentleman's club or university club in New York City.
05th June, 2018

Add your review of LX48

Shop for LX48 products online

Member images of LX48

There are no member images of LX48 yet. Why not be the first?