Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme (2018)
by Gucci

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme information

Year of Launch2018

HouseGucci
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich

About Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme is a feminine perfume by Gucci. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme fragrance notes

Reviews of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme

I'm sad to admit that the first time I tested this, I was underwhelmed. I had been at Ulta for well over an hour, and looking back, I'm pretty sure that my nose was fatigued. At any rate, I wrote this off as boring berries, saddened that it did not live up to the Homme version that I love so much.

Fast forward a few months, and a kind fellow fragrance lover sent me a care package of decants: Bottega Veneta, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hermès, and buried under the rest, Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme. I spritzed it on as an afterthought, and then I stopped in my tracks.

This is the kind of fragrance that takes your breath away. Instead of the muted berries I remembered from Ulta, I experienced the needle-sharp, monsterous cypress note that endeared me to pour Homme (even more than the famous gasoline/leather accord). Right behind the roaring cypress came mouth-puckeringly sour berries alongside a big, fat rose that's at once nice and jammy but also somehow ice cold. Farther in the dry-down, there is the faintest hint of leather, more akin to TF's Ombre Leather than to GGA pour Homme, but pleasant and still a fitting homage to the masculine.

I'm going to hop off the train for a moment to say that the longevity isn't great, about 4-6 hours on me if I'm lucky and a skin scent after 2 hours (I have dry skin that eats scent, so take that for what it's worth). I definitely have to carry my decant with me to freshen up during the day, but the opening is so gorgeous that I'd probably respray several times a day regardless.

There are so many things to love here (just look at Redneck Perfumisto's review! So many words in prose from our resident poet!), but the clencher for me is that cypress. Evergreens are a weak spot for me, and this is one of the most beautiful evergreen scents I've had the pleasure of wearing. Backup bottle-worthy x10 for me.
18th December, 2018
Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Femme is a refreshing departure and nice complement to the fittingly more masculine leather-and-patchouli Pour Homme released last year. Femme involves a blend of blackberry, rose, woods, and patchouli primarily, the blackberry starting off strong and heady but remaining a part of the mix throughout the life of the fragrance, blending excellently with the heart of rose and eventually a more relaxed base of patchouli, leather, and goldenwood. I don't get much of the leather, or the vetiver in the heart, for that matte, as it's mainly the blackberry and rose that are doing the heavy lifting, at least on my skin.

Certainly marketed for women with the floral/fruity dominance, I nevertheless regard it as unisex, especially for men like me that are fans of rose.

Its performance is great, well above average, and Femme, like Homme, is widely available on the secondary market, despite having scaled-up pricing from Homme (Guilty Oud's pricing is higher still), and Femme can generally be found in the $50-$80 range for its standard 90ml size (the largest, unlike Homme, which comes in 150ml as well).

Definitely a recommended try for men and women alike, not to be blind bought but certainly to be backed up if loved as I love it.

8 out of 10
28th September, 2018
Diesel-berry rose
Mauve paths fore and aft in time
Dreams outside this box.

My extensive first impression review is here:

Selected parts:

This stuff is absolutely (expletive deleted) beautiful. It is wildly exceeding even my already high expectations.

...

There is enormous relationship to the men's. I thought that would be too difficult - that they couldn't connect to that raw leathery quality of the men's Absolute that appeals to men, and still make something that could appeal to women and be feminine, but I was wrong. This is feminine, but the homage to the men's is so strong, and the rose is so perfect and rich - improved by the berry - that men will absolutely want to steal it. Male fans of strong niche rose scents will be sorely tempted!!! It's more feminine than most of those scents, but not in a scary way.

As for women, I would say that women who wanted their own Egoiste have it now, except this is not a Chanel - it's its own style - old Gucci.

...

It's all very rich and self-supporting. The components improve each other - they don't fight each other. That first sniff - it was like it just got better and better and I was going WTF!!! The patchouli and rose are perfect together. The berry is just restrained enough that it can have its full power and prominence while not being so typically excessive. The berry makes the rose much more interesting. The oily, leathery character of the men's shows through underneath the rose and the berry, making both appealing in a way which is hard to describe - mature yet young. A great balance between new and old makes it smell exactly like the visual marketing. Perhaps I sense a bit more leather, but I'm looking for it!

...

Wow - there is a point about 10 or 15 seconds into this, where it just amazing. It's very rich, complex and "golden". Reminiscent of the magic moment when POAL is getting started. But now as it sits on my skin, the dark patchouli and woody notes and amber show through the rose and berry and the whole thing is very symphonic. Most important are the parts that reflect the men's fragrance. Woody, leathery, oily - the interesting stuff that makes women want to poach Fahrenheit is there to make MEN want to poach this one.

...

I should mention that it is NOT unfaithful to the Guilty line - it definitely follows the original women's scent, which was the best of the bunch, IMO, until now. But this is daring to go in some new directions. Comparisons to some of the best niche rose fragrances from the TOP houses are not unwarranted. This is a definite match for the men's. A very conscious and precise one.

...

Will it make me dream? No question! This colors my thoughts already! It's a powerful fashion statement.
24th July, 2018

Add your review of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme

Shop for Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme products online

Shop for Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme at online perfumeries

GUCCI Guilty Absolute Pour Femme EDP Spray 50ml (From UK)

End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 7:43:33 PST

Gucci Guilty Absolute by Gucci Eau De Parfum Spray (Tester) 3 oz/90 ml Women

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 11:46:42 PST
Buy It Now for only: $67.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Femme 3.0 oz Eau De parfum Spray For Women Sealed New

$44.50 (1 Bid)
End Date: Sunday Jan-20-2019 7:28:51 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

GUCCI GUILTY ABSOLUTE POUR FEMME 3.0 oz EDP, WOMEN TESTER, UNBOXED.

End Date: Sunday Jan-20-2019 13:28:18 PST
Buy It Now for only: $49.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

5 Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Femme Eau de Parfum Spray Vial Sample 0.05 oz/1.5ml

$9.95 (0 Bids)

$3.49 (0 Bids)
End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 19:57:42 PST
Buy It Now for only: $12.99
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list

GUCCI GUILTY ABSOLUTE POUR FEMME EAU DE PARFUM NATURAL SPRAY 90 ML/3 OZ. (T)

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 8:27:29 PST
Buy It Now for only: $69.50

Member images of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme

There are no member images of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme yet. Why not be the first?