Acqua di Giò Absolu (2018)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Absolu information

Year of Launch2018

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Absolu

Acqua di Giò Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Absolu

Reminds me of most of Armani Code Colonia and other super-sweet modern male scents. Very sweet, fresh, synthetic, screechy and modern. Very pleasant but can be cloying if over-applied. Has that cheap-everyday-dumb-reach feel to it. Smells good but nothing to get excited over.

Good projection and longevity. Lasts all workday and you can smell it.
17th August, 2018
Tried Acqua di Gio Absolu at a local Lord & Taylor way back in February. The tester had listed the fragrance notes as: "Marine Notes - Patchouli - Labdanum." I went ahead and sprayed a LOT of this new scent on the back of my hand, and I went ahead and noted how this potion evolved on my skin throughout the day.

Opening is very restrained, on a skinscent level. I smelled a definite marine note, reminscent of sea salt and ocean. There is a general presence of fruitiness, not pointing to anything specifically, kind of a fruitbowl filled with grapes and citrus. The DNA of the original Acqua di Gio is not perceivable in this mix, but rather this one smells like the result of repeatedly distilling the original and ending up with a ghostly echo forging its own path.

The heart unfurls like a curtain and starts to open up and reveal the spices within: Lavender, geranium, and rosemary definitely pop out and speak their peace. Ahh, maybe this will start to rise above skinscent level and increase in sillage; but not at all, it feels like it's being held in check by some invisible barrier, keeping the fragrance laid back even still. I really want it to blossom into something similar to the original, but....

....the resultant homestretch quality is akin to the Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb fragrance, and ending up smelling like what I call the "modern melange" of typical scents like Paco Rabanne 1 Million & Invictus, Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo, YSL "Y" + L'Homme Ultime, Armani Stronger With You, etc. etc. Disappointing, as I expected more from this gorgeous-looking EdP.

Maybe this is Armani's way to put its hat into the "modern melange" type of similar scents that seem to be ubiquitous now. In the end, I much prefer all of the other prior AdG versions - original, Essenza, Profumo, and Profumo Special Blend - than this one. I WANTED to really like this one, but in the final estimation I think it's an okay, albeit overhyped, Armani scent worthy of test spritzes and decants - but you be the judge.
05th August, 2018
Starts out slightly aquatic, but quickly turns into a sweet woody fragrance. I actually like this one. Not as good as the original or Profumo, but this can hang in there with the best in it's class. 8/10
12th July, 2018
I find this one quite redundant in the ADG range. Some might get disappointed as well. It’s as if the original was mixed up with the trending scents of today like Le Male Eau Fraiche or Invictus Aqua. It does not smell bad, but the original and profumo is enough for me.

For someone without the experience of the other ADG:s - go ahead, it’s nice. I did not get the best performance though but it is enjoyable.
09th July, 2018

Add your review of Acqua di Giò Absolu

Shop for Acqua di Giò Absolu products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Acqua di Giò Absolu

There are no member images of Acqua di Giò Absolu yet. Why not be the first?