Sundrunk (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Sundrunk

Woozy and warm from the sun, we shared an orange pop and watched the surfers’ last lines of the day.

Reviews of Sundrunk

Orange soda in a tall glass with ice cubes which lays on a picnic blanket combined with the floral perfume scent so believed by many young teens and young adults during the warm summer months. Bright, radiant, fizzy.

Simple yet delightful. A great summer scent.
26th January, 2019
Citrus smelling fragrance. Blind buy... I like it but had I smelled it first, I wouldn't have bought it... Why not, you ask? It's the same old citrus smell.. oranges.. You can achieve the same smell from any blue colored designer fragrance... Yes this smells like most fragrances that come in blue bottles.

Saint Julep is special though... it's a blind buy worthy frag.
30th December, 2018
people take too many words and too much space saying the simple and direct; smells like orange Pez. Like it. Doesn't last. Wouldn't buy a bottle but would wear it if it were given to me. Like the smell of it. If you like orange Pez, this is your frag.
21st August, 2018
The latest Imaginary Authors creation by Josh Meyer comes fittingly at summer, when a fragrance laden with neroli and a generally citrus-intensive element is apt to wear.

I’ve not been a fan of rhubarb previously but it’s used in Sundrunk in what I can only describe as the right proportion, and, when mixed with neroli, the perfume reflects a superb balance between the freshness of the neroli and the tart, herbal qualities of rhubarb. Orange zest adds a further sharp citrus edge without taking much attention away from the neroli or rhubarb, and frankly, I’d have easily attributed any sharpness to the rhubarb itself in the absence of being shown orange zest on the note list.

Rose water and honeysuckle add further flavor, floral contributions that foster nuance and depth without taking over. Rose is among my favorite notes and in rose water, it’s generally diluted thinly enough to be a rather fresh, semi-transparent addition. Honeysuckle is a note I’m still learning to enjoy and have a difficult time detecting but in general, I quite like it and certainly approve of its use in Sundrunk.

Overall, the experience of Sundrunk is great. Its harmonious citrus/floral entourage is sharp and tart but still refreshing, and deviates form the now-routine neroli takeover that we’ve seen in abundance.

I do wonder how Josh continues to find new and interesting formulas to create perfume when there is so much homogeneity in especially summer-friendly / fresh offerings nowadays.

Sundrunk’s performance is decent, but certainly more in line with the more modestly-performing summer-friendly scents of recent years (Saint Julep, Every Storm a Serenade, and Mosaic are my favorites of these) than the heavier, more wintery offerings (my favorites being Cape Heartache, Memoirs of a Trespasser, and A City on Fire), and frankly, this should be expected given the note breakdown.

I remain pleased with the price point, $95 for 50ml, as <$2/ml is sustainable for any offering that I like or especially that I love, though everyone’s budget is different. That a travel size is now part of seemingly every new release, at $38 for 14ml, offers a viable alternative for those who need less and want to pay less. (I realize Whispered Myths has higher pricing but this is currently the lone exception)

Sundrunk works very well for me. It’s a fragrance I want to smell over and over and it just about matches the achievement in innovation that was 2017’s (pre-)summer release, Saint Julep. It’ll be a welcome addition to my collection at some point.

8 out of 10
22nd July, 2018

Add your review of Sundrunk

Shop for Sundrunk products online

Shop for Sundrunk at online perfumeries

Imaginary Authors Sundrunk sample (5 mL) eau de parfum EDP AUTHENTIC USA SELLER!

End Date: Thursday Feb-28-2019 5:37:53 PST
Buy It Now for only: $18.99

Buy It Now for only: $8.99

Buy It Now for only: $8.99

Buy It Now for only: $13.49

Buy It Now for only: $18.98

Member images of Sundrunk

There are no member images of Sundrunk yet. Why not be the first?