No. 5 Eau de Parfum (1986)
by Chanel

No. 5 Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch1986

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 5 Eau de Parfum

The company say:

Since its creation in 1921, N°5 has exuded the very essence of femininity: An abstract, mysterious scent, alive with countless subtle facets, radiating an extravagant floral richness. In 1986, Jacques Polge, reinterpreted his predecessor Ernest Beaux’s composition to create a fuller, more voluminous version of the now and forever fragrance: the Eau de Parfum.

No. 5 Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 5 Eau de Parfum

Aldehydes and neroli - well-mixed. The aldehydes are better here, than in the EDT formula. They aren't as cloudy or sickeningly harsh. The EDP is the formula I've always been used to. It is what my father used to bring me from his Chicago trips, as a special gift. However, No. 5 isn't the ultimate favorite of mine, that it used to be. My tastes have certainly changed, maybe progressed?

I don't smell bergamot at all. The rose and jasmine combo are nice, even-keeled, maybe old-fashioned in their profile. Iris seems green-ish, not powdery sweet. I get hints of LOTV.

The aldehydes are long-lasting. They do mellow a bit with time. The base is quite mellow as well. Only hints of vanilla and ylang ylang. Breezy sandalwood and vetiver, albeit thin. Overall, I still enjoy this. Just not like I did in my 20's.
26th April, 2019
I bought Chanel N°5 Eau de Perfume in 1990 (I think it was this version). It was good scent like Perfume. It difference Edp.in the present. That version, bottle was not spray. White sticker on the bottle was paper.
30th October, 2018
I formerly had access to a bottle of No. 5 edp from around 2012. I picked it for my ex-wife as a present. I liked it more than the edt. It was richer, and had more of the aldehyde smell I associate with Chanel and classic perfumery. That bottle had a subtle nag champa incense / incense stick smell that I liked. It was subtle, and done just right. The perfume smelled great, but it was light. It didn't project for very long.

I now have access to a bottle purchased in 2018, made in Paris, purchased in Montreal. The incense smell is gone, or at least I cannot detect it. The aldehyde smell is still there and still lovely. It's a pretty perfume, but it's so subtle, it's hard to imagine it making such a big splash as it reportedly did for its first few decades of release.

I sprayed it in the air the other day to refresh the room, and it smelled all wrong. I've applied it skin just now, and it's much better. I still feel like it's not quite as good as it was in 2012. In addition to having the incense note, that version had more distinct florals. I felt like I was smelling jasmine. This newer version smells like aldehydes and powder, and it's nice, but I feel like they could give it more of a floral concentrate boost to make it worthy of its historical reputation.

It becomes sweet woods in the base. The listed note of bourbon vanilla sounds right.
16th October, 2018

Add your review of No. 5 Eau de Parfum

Shop for No. 5 Eau de Parfum products online

Vintage Gruene Natural Cologne 3.3 oz / 100 ml Spray Tester No Box

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 15:50:25 PST
Buy It Now for only: $234.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Jo Malone Leather & Artemisia by Jo Malone 1 oz Cologne Spray New Unissex No Box

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 15:50:50 PST

Royal Copenhagen MUSK FRAGRANCE Cologne Splash 8 oz NO BOX Mens

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 15:56:02 PST
Buy It Now for only: $17.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Vtg New Memco English Leather Cologne & Aftershave Splash no. 941 Set 2 Fl Oz Ea

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 15:58:45 PST

$9.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 16:00:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list

Anouchka Revillon 3.3 oz/ 100 ml EDP Spray,No Box, 80% Full,!!

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 16:00:42 PST

Oscar de la Renta by OSCAR DE LA RENTA EDT Natural Spray 3.4 oz NO BOX Mens

End Date: Saturday Feb-22-2020 16:03:27 PST
Buy It Now for only: $26.99

Member images of No. 5 Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of No. 5 Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?